BETA 52E About that flatten tool....

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by tojosan, Aug 5, 2016.

1. tojosan

tojosan Member

So I send my brave colonists out to the promised land.
    Unfortunately, they find they've landed in the steppes.
    The ground is uneven in all directions yet thankfully there is a clear spot enough to build a house of carpentry.

Wood gathering and stone gathering going, they dug into the landscaping.
    Much work was done but at the end of the day it didn't turn out correct.

Mildred and her team hadn't built the land up in the gaps but instead made trenches. Now the poor fellow leaving the shop had a steep drop into a pond.

Mildred sent a missive out to the homeland....How the heck do these shovels work anyway?!

Seriously, I think I'm flattening the land to raise a portion or lower a portion and suddenly discover I've made it worse. How can I know which way the flatten tool is going to move the land.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  2. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Stick with whatever is already white and everything else will be on that tile. I agree tundra sucks though, it's the one with the outcroppings and lots of berries right? There's even some parts that can't be leveled and you're basically stuck with a chunk of unmineable/unflattenable land

tojosan likes this.
  3. Tarod

Tarod Member

Flatten tool needs work. I restart until I get a decently flat area that flattens normally.

Maybe make a beacon that sets clockworkian standard altitude or something.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

tends to be areas which are also unpassable by your colonists (probably why they can't flatten them in the first place).

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We definitely need to tweak the flatten tool, it's on our todo list.

tojosan likes this.