A thread for helping people find the Last Zoo monsters.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Wootah, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Wootah

Wootah Member

So I thought it would be interesting to have a thread where, you can post your save and anybody who is inclined, can download the save and try and find the last zoo monster.

Kind of a game really. Then you can tell the person who posted the save where it was (maybe including a screenshot).

Of course I thought of this idea because this happens ALL the time, and thought it might be interesting to people too.

I will go first since having the problem is what gave me the idea.
    Make sure to post the version number, not sure if mac or PC makes a difference, and what mods if any.

2. Wootah

Wootah Member

Here is my first submission

Floor 2
    Version Beta 1.1.3 Rev B
    No Mods
    GR - Softcore

Attached Files:

3. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Finding the last monster is frustrating as hell. At the end of the day, it's better to just walk away. No seriously. Do it. You'll feel better. The blood soaked loot isn't worth it man.

Morning's Altars.png

4. Wootah

Wootah Member

I swear that the game is bugged because I feel that any time i have gotten an elder ring, EVER, it has had one minimal stat, just as yours has.

But, yeah maybe walking away does save my sanity. I have been wondering level 2 for a while now looking for the monster.

5. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

I've gotten a wizard's sleeve as a zoo reward, from floor 8 or so. It was like some kind of cosmic joke at my expense.

6. Wootah

Wootah Member

Well I found it after 2 hours of searching. It was trapped in some pocket quite a distance away. Wish they were tagged some how.
    Reward was the Cookbook with +1:trap_level: which would have been helpful since I was using a plain cookbook for the meat. Of course in the meantime I got so meat and found a cybernetic orb in the meantime that it really didn't matter.... except on principle.

Edit: In retrospect, there were tons of diggles that came out of the zoo right at the start. Then I kited them (while digging following) and yeah, the digging definitely makes it worse/harder.

Bohandas likes this.
  7. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Wow, two hours. I don't have that sort of patience for zoos. I get a nice reward out of them every once in a while but that's the exception not the rule. I've gotten used to the idea of forfeiting rewards for survival as well so I just don't think twice about walking away. It really isn't worth the headache.

8. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

Yeah if I haven't killed whatever the last 1 monster is by the time I clear out all rooms near the zoo, I give up. I've gotten great rewards from zoos... but it's far from guaranteed.