A good vampire build?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Popolo, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Kaoy

Kaoy Member

Fungal arts doesn't really take that much management. I have beaten the game twice, once on a monk style build and another on a quirky-crafter style(fungal, smith, alch, tink, dual, mace, astro). The first beat the game in about 6 hours in a full run(all rooms, all quests, every inch of the map) and the 2nd beat the game in about one hour more.

The real problem stems from how over powered your preferred build is, 123stw. You shouldn't be able to beat the game as fast as you do. For your build, gear and items are almost 100% so long as you make a good pair of staffs. Tink to max, necro to max, staffs as you please, and you have practically already beaten the game.

2. 123stw

123stw Member

@jhffmn
    If time isn't a factor then yes. If time is, then no. It's as simple as that.

@Kaoy
    The oddest thing is that you suggest "beating the game as fast as 123stw do" overpowered, at the same time advocating that fungal is better than vamp because time doesn't matter, only the final benefits. You are contradicting yourself here.

The way I see it, fungal and archaeology time shouldn't count toward game play because you are not in any danger while "managing" those skills. The time sink are cause purely by bad interface (manually plant spore, wait 3 turns, pick up, rerolls). It's not like using fungal makes the game harder or something. It makes the game even easier and more grindy. If something needs fixing, it's fungal's interface.

I also advocate an extreme mode after GR, which is hard enough to require full optimization and some luck to beat the game. That way, you are actually increasing game time through increasing challenge, not with bad interface.