A delightful dabbling in dubious depths! (Feel free to join in on the Theory crafting.)

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mechswordsman, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Mechswordsman

Mechswordsman Member

Or also better (really?) known as 'How I learned to stop worrying about Fishmen and love the Z-axis'.

Essentially the idea is based on the allusion towards future multi-racial/cultural colonies and diplomatic relationships. That, combined with Steampunk suits with self sealing bolts, makes me wonder, how far are the boys down at Gaslamp willing to go with this? Because -this- would eventually lead too the implementation of a Z axis that not only allows the likely planned implementation of airships, but more importantly the mapping out of dark depths, where the Narwhals keep at bay the grasping tentacles of Yggthurgagurmach Chark Ka Chara (Ect. Ect). Why, it wouldn't be a colony if you didn't bring back not only snazzy foods and exotic teas and laudanum, but also valuable black pearls that ooze with the essense of creatures best not imagined by the keen of us mortals, or beautiful coral with divine and medicinal purposes desired throughout the empire (Definitely not something who's life force also keeps at bay said tentacles earlier, but I totally said nothing about those, because that would invite insanity... insanity).

I think I got off topic. The point is, even though it will likely take the boys down at Gaslamp awhile, since it took the obvious pretender and copy cat who made the story about midgets repeatedly failing to make a functioning home, with their feeble plastic implements and their greed delving into metals best kept out of the grasp of grubby dwarf sized mitts... of boy, getting off topic again. It will take them a long time to develop this fabled 'Z-Axis', but there is no reason why we can't give them inspiration of dark secrets hidden beneath the waves, of dark cities encased in solid ice far below the ocean floor, and trenches that extend until the world end and beyond into an endless and destructive abyss from which all worlds will go and have come from, after all our world has been repeatedly recycled and reused by creatures that would make you weep tears of blood that you never thought possible without suffice head traum-

What do you mean I am sounding like a filthy cultist? I am obviously a philanthropist and a scholar, and look stunning in a pink tu-tu and cat ears.

2. Deaghaidh

Deaghaidh Member

I kind of like the idea of a potential Fishahontas. That is, one of your colonists somehow falling in love with a fish person of noble rank, leading to a truce between land and sea. That fish prince/princess then adopts a normal human name and joins your colony, dressing and acting as if a normal aristocrat, yet remaining a fish person.

3. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

Sockeyegawea?

4. Mechswordsman

Mechswordsman Member

They're not only great allies, but they sound bloody delicious.

Wait a minute.

No, this is correct.

5. theseeman

theseeman Member

I think at the least there will be a moment when you check up on a colonist who had the fishy tendency and see them walking out to see to meet a fish person. They both talk fishy things and they both turn and swim down into the depths.