3D "Realistic" Diggle Model

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Verbal Processing, Oct 13, 2011.

1. I made a little Dredmor fan art in ZBrush:

Daynab, Pothunter and kuhchung like this.
  2. Derakon

Derakon Member

Cute. Is the model importable into Blender? I might like to take a stab at rigging and animating it.

I was looking forward to seeing how you would sculpt the drill spiral but you glossed over that entirely. Boo. ;)

3. The camera had to move a lot for the nose sculpting so it was pretty hard to watch. I may do a write up of that later though.

As for blender, you're welcome to try it but the mesh is very high resolution so it'd need to be remeshed first.

4. Marak

Marak Member

Scary realistic Diggle is scary.

Edit: New Patch means it's time for Ian VIII, right? RIGHT!?

5. It's getting to be about that time. I've got so many build recommendations I'm going to get mobbed no matter what I choose.

6. Westworld

Westworld Member

Thats a Wrinkle Diggle! (You see what i did there?) Great art work. Maybe you can make Death at any time?

7. Marak

Marak Member

Oooh, a Deth would look sweet - I'm sure it would be a huge time investment, though. Think about all the folds in the robe, all the different textures (robe, bones, scythe handle, scythe blade), the colors... but the version in my head looks pretty good =p

8. I'm kinda wondering what a blobby would look like ...

9. Marak

Marak Member

Make it a Thermoblobby, in honor of Ian VII. Flaming Patch of Deadly Ground optional.

10. kuhchung

kuhchung Member

<insert MS paint of blue scribbles for blobby picture>

11. I wonder if we can find somebody that'd be interested in remeshing this and turning it into a pepakura project for Halloween.

12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Amazing.
    My sanity would've preffered a cute one though :)

13. Bushwhacker2k

Bushwhacker2k Member

Ditto D:!!!

14. I feel like his grizzly-ness would be softened if he had some eggs or a nest to protect. Also, do baby diggles drill out of their eggs?

15. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

16. Marak

Marak Member

That picture makes me want to give up on the High Cholesterol achievement :confused: Who knew they were so cute?

17. blob

blob Member

Great realistic diggle man :)
    Looking forward to you making a blobby...

18. Me too. Maybe I should make a monthly series of VG sculptures. Blobby, Eye of Cthulhu, Dredmor ...