Windows Vista/7 64-bit [1.1.2]Crash Bug Modded Template Spell

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Vordrak, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Vordrak

Vordrak Member

Hi,

I have modded in a new skillset with some spells. One of the spells is of type="template". It contains damage effects. The template is large (21x21 with the player at the center). When the player uses the spell near the edge of the map, such that part of the template is off the map, the game reliably freezes or CTDs. Interestingly, I have a spell with only dig effects, using the same template, that has no problems at all.

2. Vordrak

Vordrak Member

Did this bug ever get addressed?

3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Advice: Either 1. Don't use that spell near the edge. or 2. Reduce the size of the template to help prevent the problem. Technically nothing is supposed to happen outside the edge of the map, and spells that reach that far are prone to problems(especially damage spells). I like large templates too, but 21x21 is kinda ridiculous as it's larger than most room sizes even. 21x21 is also bigger than pretty much every single monster zoo I know, so such a template wouldn't be necessary in that case. To be quite honest, Damage spells aren't supposed to cover the whole zoo at once, even if the player is standing in the centre of the zoo.