1.0.7 on Ubuntu 11.10 major instabililty

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by dpiekny, Nov 29, 2011.

1. ZiNk

ZiNk Member

Noticed something weird. The game crashes on levels 1 and 2, randomly, whenever I walk too long. If stand in one place — or walk around in a small area — everything's good. Levels 3 and 4 are totally OK, regardless of how much I walk around. And I went down to levels 3 and 4 after I patched the game. Wonder if those things are related. Will keep testing, let you know if I discover something.

2. Montaropdf

Montaropdf Member

Hi,

Just to say that I experienced various crashes when:
    • Walking down to level 2
    • Opening a particular door on level 2
    • Picking-up a sidequest object
    • Opening an evil chest.
    Now that I apply the patch, I experience no crash and I play something like 1 hour.

If any crash occur I will try to get something useful with gdb.

Thanks for such a great game, hope everythnig will be solved soon for everybody.

BTW, my machine is a toshiba satellite M70-215 with a Pentium M processor, running an Ubuntu 11.04. Result from glxinfo below:

OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 915GM GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2
    OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.10.2

3. Tcepsa

Tcepsa Member

Seeing random segmentation faults with version 1.0.9 while running the amd64 version (I am using ./Dredmor to start it and the output indicates that it is using the amd64 version). I haven't been able to find a particular set of behaviors that set it off, but it seems to occur most often just by walking around (kind of like there's a special kind of undetectable segfault trap ~wry grin~) I'll update if I get any more specific information that hasn't already been posted; for now I just wanted to say that it looks like this is either still happening or has returned.

Should I try applying the patches mentioned in this thread, or have those changes been rolled into the codebase for 1.0.9 (and therefore I already have them)?

Thanks!

UPDATE: With gdb, I've had it happen once at "0x0000000000535d04 in DirectorTick() ()". The backtrace was as follows (additional addresses omitted; let me know if I should leave them in next time):
    Code:
    in DirectorTick() ()
    in GameTick() ()
    in HandleMouseClick(int, int, int) ()
    in ParsePlayerInput() ()
    in Mainloop() ()
    in PlayGameWithLoadFilename(std::string) ()
    in main()
    The only really weird thing is that I don't think I was clicking the mouse when it happened.
    // End UPDATE

UPDATE 2:
    Have gotten it to crash several more times, always at the same place in DirectorTick(). Most of the backtraces have not included the HandleMouseClick() call.
    // End UPDATE 2