Pan out for bigger view (handy for ranged attacks and so on)?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tycho, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Tycho

Tycho Member

Would it be a reasonable request to get a "zoom out/pan out" function? would make sniper work with ranged a bit easier, and make sight radius and thus Perception more attractive.

2. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

I agree with you, and have wondered a few times why you can't zoom out.. I do hope it is reasonable to add, since I usually like to zoom out pretty far on any game. Also, when trying to hit anything 'below' south of your character.. you only have like 4 or 5 range to click, and I am not sure if there if another way to shoot/ cast so~ it would certainly be useful for any ranged "class" ^^

Android089 likes this.
  3. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Even just a scroll would be great. It's lame to get any more than maybe two sight radius if it only applies to the sides.

4. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

The limited visual range vertical compared to horizonal is very annoying, especially when you see some monster bouncing around on the bottom of your screen and you can't target it at all with attacks because the UI is in the way.. Really shouldn't be an issue, and unlike Null, I don't want to have to scroll the view to see as far north+south as I do east+west. I like OP's suggestion though, wouldn't mind being able to zoom the view out 1.5x or 2x.

5. Wisse

Wisse Member

I'm also agreeing on this, I found it very annoying when I found out I couldn't scroll!

6. Would squashing everything a bit vertically look ugly, or could it bear some similarity to the 3/4 view angle of games like Starcraft, League of Legends, etc?

7. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

You mean a top down view? I think they would need new sprites for any huge changes like that..