Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Turns out this is possible with the existing code, just undocumented and not used in the main game. I figured out how to make it work, and included a kitchen in my Interior Dredmorating mod. For those who'd like to do something similar, element="bbq" and element="freezer" both work.

But my other requests (for greater ability to mod these elements, and for more documentation on how it all works) stand.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Add a canPush to mines and the create effect.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

And some way to clearly specify whether an item's damage affects melee weapons, crossbows, thrown, or unarmed attacks. :)

4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Allow soundfx.xml to be modded, along with manTemplate.xml.

5. Null

A way to make an effect only trigger if the spell haywires.

6. Null

A 'passive' spell to skills or items (or buffs even but it's less useful) that is: a spell that is cast every x turns. For instance one that would give you lockpicks or eggs.

OmniaNigrum and Spectreincarnate like this.
  7. I'm sure this is more an engine thing than a modding thing, but it'd be pretty cool to be able to attach wand charges to things other than wands. It'd be interesting to be able to invoke your equipment for extra weird random abilities that don't fit into the whole "Proc on hit" dynamic.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Add a "on new room entered" trigger to skills and items. (triggers when a new room is revealed)

OmniaNigrum and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  9. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Move tombstone player titles and epitaphs to a XML file (I have no idea where they're coded right now)

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I cleaned up the thread from non-modding requests, discussions and already answered requests.
    Don't freak out if your posts disappeared, this is only for this thread and I will not delete posts elsewhere.

11. Samupo

Samupo Member

I think modder should be able to create new crafting tools and branches. For example a cloth crafting branch with a new tool, so when you open the crafting menu a scroll bars appears to select that tool or something like that.

OmniaNigrum and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  12. Trigger on stairs up / trigger on stairs down! So that people can take 1000 damage when they go up stairs.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Samupo

Samupo Member

Actually, I don't get the use of that but sounds fun to apply a buff so the player cannot go back upstairs xD

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Trigger on pray to Inconsequentia, trigger on pray to lutefisk god, etc.

This would help the atheist monk be more atheist - it could also support future mods for devotees of one specific god to the exclusion of the others.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. FaxCelestis

It'd also allow for custom quests, though you may be able to mod quests.xml already. Dunno.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

A flag to designate rooms in roomsDB.xml as "must be present in floor generation" or simply a room that must appear at least once in the dungeon according to its stated constraints.

For example: lets say i want floor 5 to have a special chamber with a few evil chests and a mini fridge to appear 100% of the time. by setting this special flag, every time you played the game, you could expect to find this special room on floor 5.

17. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the ability to keep track of how many certain type of objects are within visual range. If I want to make a mod for a skill/spell whose damage/buff/effect depends on how many enemies within visual range. Same applies to number of traps within visual range, corpses.

For example, when there are "x" or more corpses within sight radius, trigger "y".
    OR
    For each enemy within visual range, add "x" resistbuff/damagebuff, spell does extra damage/less damage for each monster within visual range more than "y"
    OR
    Increase stat by "x" depending on how many traps within visual range.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. FaxCelestis

A list of functions I'd like to be able to use:
    • getVisibleItems
    • getVisibleEnemies
    • if/then/else
    • enchantItem
    • disenchantItem
    • triggerOnDoorOpen
    • triggerOnDoorClose
    • triggerWhenSeen
    • triggerWhenDamagedBy (specific type)
    • triggerWhenInflicting (damage or status)
    • triggerOnCritical
    • triggerOnBlock
    • triggerOnHaywire
    • getLevel
    • getWarriorLevel
    • getRogueLevel
    • getWizardLevel
    • getPrimaryStat
    • getSecondaryStat
    • getLevelsInSkill (by ID)

19. Null

Besides if statements it might be nice to use the gets and such as scalars by some means, as in setting amountF to use it instead of a stat.

Additionally I would like to add: (relevant enough to remain in one post)
    hasBuff
    getDungeonLevel
    getZorkmids

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

In addition to these I'd like to add a little something:
    • getVisibleItems, type
    • getVisibleEnemies, type
    • while

OmniaNigrum likes this.