Mana Regen in Monster Zoos - Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Rarefied Horse Meat, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

The real value of Leylines is the three turn cooldown teleport. God help us if it gets nerfed.

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

You mean fixed right? The teleport is meant to drain 75% of your mana, as per its description, but it's bugged.

---
    Regarding the comparison, you're not going to be casting your biggest, baddest spells if it depends entirely on Vital Siphon (i.e. melee combat). Plus the comparison doesn't count :mana_regen: at all (remember when that was all that Leylines gave you and people still took it?).

Either way, it doesn't matter. Just take both. There's no penalty after all. Now if we lived in a balanced world we might see some changes like...
    • Blood Magic being given the same downsides as Vampirism considering it's just as good (if not better).
      • No Alcohol
      • No :mana_regen:
    • Leylines losing the 'free :mana:1 per turn' ability that was added during the expansion update
      • Remember when you had to try to max out :mana_regen: to get that?
    • Magic Training losing the :mana: regen ability and focusing on :savvy: / :magic_power: / :haywire:
      • How about a buff that massively increases :savvy: for casting the really expensive spells (like The Stars Aligned)?
      • How about anything related to :haywire:

Wi§p, Essence, blob and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I am of the current opinion that Blood Magic is the most unbalanced skill in the unmodded game. Thanks for the useful example of this fact!

4. Loren

Loren Member

J-Factor: The comparison was mainly intended for gish type characters, which I assumed would be hitting things in melee, as well. Either way, Blood magic is extremely powerful for not having to devote any turns for it to do its mana return. I'd have also cleaned it up more had I known it would be posted in the forum. :p