Let's Quickly Beta-Test

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

A new public beta just got put up for Wednesday's release, just to have a few eyes banging on it for 24 hours. You can collect it on our IRC channel at irc.quakenet.org - to install, unzip it over your Steam copy and delete any directories that correspond to expansion packs that you don't have.

This doesn't include any of the Expansion Pack 3 content, but you can try a bunch of new stuff a little early if you want. I also don't guarantee that your save games will work between this version and the final release on Wednesday, although they should. This is mainly so I can test compatibility and stuff; we changed a lot of code and I want to do a quick sanity check.

Exile likes this.
  2. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

I'm guessing the 'finished' version will not be out on Wednesday then.

3. Nicholas

No, we're releasing Wednesday.

We've been testing this with a pool of about 20 people for two months; this is *purely* to make sure that there isn't anything in the core game that we have failed to catch.

Exile likes this.
  4. Wootah

Wootah Member

If I enter the Picket Dimension while doing a zoo to craft something (in this case bolts) is it intended that it cancels my ongoing zoo (no more counter, and presumably no more reward)?

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It most likely considers the pocket dimension as its own floor so just like going downstairs or upstairs the zoo is cancelled.

6. Wootah

Wootah Member

Sad times. I was hoping for an exception considering I can't heal or have cooldowns wear off there.

7. Createx

Createx Member

Two things I found:
    If you have a crafting window open, you still can't close the char window.
    Also, when you drag the char window out of the screen (which is possible, not sure if intended?) things get slightly messy, as shown in the screenshot. char.png

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

In the expansion, entering the pocket dimension will allow you to go to the wizardlands instead, so you can buff yourself appropriately and come back to face the zoo. Thus, making it cancel it makes sense.

9. I might be late for the party but:
    GUI 'bug' : on 1024x600 if you make the Pocket Button larger you can't make it smaller again because it's out of the screen.

Brax & Pocket bug: You can have (theoretically) infinite gold by picking up stuff from Brax going to Pocket taking a step (so the getting caught message appears) then going back from Pocket and selling the picked up stuff to Brax. Repeat. Brax will block the door but if after you sold the stuff you pick it up and put it back he will unblock the door.

Edit: It seems that he only blocks the door after returning from Pocket if you are wearing the stolen stuff.

10. Shardz

Shardz Member

Thanks for supporting all your Desura users! There has been NO standalone build posted for v1.011 and I've been waiting for six weeks now. It's nice to know that the Steam kiddies get fresh builds off your compiler with their SECOND expansion in the wings while the rest of your users sit here at v1.010 still.

Really nice. Way to show the world how it's done.

I am officially placing Gaslamp on my Shit List - right up there with Valve. Congratulations! :\

11. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Thanks for speaking up. We have been spending a lot of time trying to fix this problem, but it seems we haven't been vocal enough about what we're doing.

We have been working for the last month on a build machine that provides Linux, Mac, and Windows builds for Desura automatically for us. They obviously still need to be tested when they come out of the assembly line, but we do have them, and they are being pushed to Desura today, barring any packaging-specific issues that come up when we test them.

We are actually right now assembling the last bits of art for the submission of Conquest of the Wizardlands to Desura. We'll be firing them emails the instant this is done, but we have been hard at work on the in-game content for the last week or so, and this has unfortunately taken a back-seat. Again, we're working on this just this minute.

Realm of the Diggle Gods Desura support fell by the wayside. Mea culpa. We have to send them a trailer of some sort and they'll get this up for us. That is being worked on as soon as the Wizardlands assets start getting processed. Again, with luck, this should be submitted today and hopefully will be up tomorrow.

12. Nicholas

(Locking this thread, we did the testing and pushed the game out anyway...)

Exile likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.