Having a devil of a time with shops. [Help]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ShadowDragon8685, Mar 28, 2013.

1. I'm trying to make a Mega Braxmart, which is intended to be a massive Brax shop, with a huge vending area and a lot of decor. The problem is that Brax and the shop pedestals aren't appearing, no matter how I try to strip it down. I've commented out the vending machines and the dredmorstatue elements and I commented out the original layout in favor of one with dramatically fewer pedestals, but it doesn't seem to be working. The map has S, s and i ASCII map elements, and shop="1" set in flags.

I'm stumped. If anyone knows any obvious thing I've done wrong, could you tell me? If not, could someone wiser in the ways of the modding than I take a look and tell me if there's some obvious bonehead error I made, or if it's just that the game won't accept a shop being that huge (even though on the minimap when I testroom it, it shows up as a purple room.) It's the last room in the rooms.xml file.

Attached Files:

2. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Three shops I've made have had this problem. In all three cases, the room usually spawns as expected, but then sometimes has trouble. One that used to be in ID had trouble from time to time, with every third to fifth time it would spawn you'd get either no Brax or no Brax and no items, so I eventually cut it. The second one was also in ID, and worked fine for months, and was even incorporated into YHTNTEP, but since being added to that DLC, it has twice ended up in threads with people posting pictures of it with no Brax. Recently, someone posted a similar picture from my YTTG of yet another one of my shops without a Brax (or any items) in it. It's rare, but persistent.

At one point, Nicholas said to me he thought it may be caused by the shop being non-rectangular, and thus it's space being partially over-written by adjacent rooms, but since then I've seen that can't be the case because it's happening to square and rectangular shops.

The only thing all 4 buggy shops (mine and yours) seem to have in common is that they have doors on opposite sides, with Brax in a direct line between two of the doors. That's a totally wild, grasping at straws answer, but it's the only thing I can think of that those shops have but most other Brax shops (in mods as well as main game) don't.