Giant Pink Scorpion Diggle

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by nebre8, Dec 13, 2011.

1. nebre8

nebre8 Member

Just started up again now that OSX access has been restored and have died with zero score 5 times in a row thanks to GPSD. What are they doing behind the very first door? Read the strategy guide and lots of build threads, (this has to be one of the most polite and patient forums I have ever come across!) so I am not a complete virgin. Ugh!

2. nebre8

nebre8 Member

and again, this time on Elves, is this an anti Mac thing or do I just suck this bad? I wasn't great with the last build, but I could last an hour or two before biting it.

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's tied to the DLC, but isn't supposed to be triggering. See the front page for more details.

We should have a fixed version up in a bit; I sent it to Valve a couple of hours ago. Again, very sorry about this.

4. nebre8

nebre8 Member

okay then - back to the real world

5. Godwin

Godwin Member

Dare I ask?
    Screenshot before they vanish for weeks? :D

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

These should now be fixed.

... what do you mean, weeks?

7. Cathulhu

Cathulhu Member

Giant pink scorpion? Where did i hear that lately?;) Seems to be comparatively overpowered.

8. Godwin

Godwin Member

Ok well whenever then, was misinformed apparently :p

9. Stupid Beard

Stupid Beard Member

Bah! I was hoping the GPSDs were deliberate. Granted, they would probably suck for melee, but Nukey Diesalot cut her teeth slaughtering GPSDs and trying not to get one shotted. She's now on level 8, although having permadeath turned off and being on elvishly easy probably has a lot to do with that.

OK, I grant you, the 1200 xp per kill on level 1 was a bit insane. But Nukey Diesalot's start was the most fun start yet, and that was entirely down to the GPSDs. I guess I'm going to have to start playing a really squishie character on GR.

10. Godwin

Godwin Member

Get vampirism, swords, perception, necroniconomics, burglary, assassin and ley lines.

Having MUCH fun with that currently: never died this much on floor 1 (including all my normal random skill starts). Granted some deaths were yasd's or deaths-by-carelessness.

Think I had to restart about 12 times lol. Not played all of them superseriously though.

Blobby's in particular are lethal before you have corpse drink. Once you have that though, you should already be on the upper hand.

11. Godwin

Godwin Member

Yes, those 7 skills don't sound too bad but it's a Cursed Build I tell ya!