Windows Vista/7 64-bit Game crash while loading save file

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by KoRg, Dec 27, 2011.

1. KoRg

KoRg Member

So i saved the game yesterday and today game crashes every time i try to load it.

Attached Files:

2. maskedchamo

maskedchamo Member

I've got the same problem. windows 7 64 bits here.

Attached Files:

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Since it's the holidays the devs are not here but they'll take a look at these savegames when they get back I am sure.

4. lightmartyr

lightmartyr Member

And I just got this same problem on my latest character.

Attached Files:

5. Kiquadaso

Kiquadaso Member

Similar issue. Trying to load saves crashes the game.

Attached Files:

6. I am also having this crash. Win 7 64, DLC, 1.09, after playing with the hotfix for teleportation (which I have since removed to see if it fixed it, which did not).

This appears to be pretty widespread at this point (multiple posts on the Steam forum about it, on their latest blog entry and here), so I'm guessing it will be one of the issues first up on the devs' plate once they're back in from the holiday.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yep, this was all me. :)

We totally sodded this one up, and with exquisite timing due to the holiday blackout window for updates (and having family getting after us for "why can't you tear yourselves away from your computer? GET ON THE PLANE NOW!" and other such offenses.) That said, there's a hotfix up now for this as well, and if it does not make things sufficiently worse, we will push it to Steam this evening.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and I apologize personally. I think the plan is to push a little free DLC out in January as a way of saying "Whoops, sorry."

Exile likes this.
  8. nebre8

nebre8 Member

any chance of a rollback button or some way to disable automatic updates?
    game worked fine in 1.06, nothing but problems since (Lion OSX) and at a time when I had available hours for game play

9. Doomicide

Doomicide Member

@Nicholas: To Desura, too? (Please)

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

11. KoRg

KoRg Member

It's working now. Thanks.

12. nebre8

nebre8 Member

installed hotfix on OSX Lion and appears to be working - early days, easier to follow instructions once I downloaded proper file management software for the Mac (Macintosh Explorer for e.g.)