Funny Pictures. Safe For Work, and Safe For The Kids Too.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by OmniaNigrum, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, that site is fun.

That being said, here's a random picture from it:
    [​IMG]

OmniaNigrum and Turbo164 like this.
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

4. mining

mining Member

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yuck. That is plainly awful. No like from me for once.

mining likes this.
  6. mining

mining Member

TheJadedMieu and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Warlock

Warlock Member

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, if someone gave you an equation with two unknowns which have no correlation of values whatsoever and expects you to do something with them, you are justified in doing that sort of thing.

10. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Related:
    anime math.jpg

TheJadedMieu, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  11. mining

mining Member

The question was "Take the limit of the function sin(x)/n as x and n tend towards 0 (the limit doesn't exist, but its a totally reasonable question).

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  12. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Years ago, I was involved in a project for a collection agency, where the client was a specific bureau that I won't name for a city government. If you've lived in my area and remember some big city news stories, you'll probably be able to guess which bureau I'm talking about (there was a huge scandal which predates my company's involvement, and I'm guessing that we became involved as a direct result of that scandal).

Anyway, they sent us data from their live database and we were supposed to collect debts for them The data included a bunch of subtotals (things like principle, interest, penalties, payments received, etc.) There were about 7 or so separate amounts, and then a grand total. What was troubling, though, was that the amount owed seemed to have absolutely no relationship to the rest of the numbers.

So I saw the data, which was obviously straight out of fantasy land, and I had to explain to them that we couldn't plug their numbers into our database because our database was kind of particular that everything added up properly. They wanted us to print letters that would say, for example, that a person owed $500, which was composed of $100 in principle, and $25 in penalties and interest. I had no problem explaining why the numbers had to add up properly when I talked to their programmers. But it was like talking to a rock, dealing with the bureaucrats.

"Just overlay your data with ours"
    "Well, which of the numbers are right?"
    "They all are right"
    "Clearly that's not true "

It wasn't until I got one of them to actually look the data up on their own system that I got any movement on the issue. And even then they were stubborn as hell.

So the moral of the story is, in the real world, at least according to bureaucrats, 1 + 1 doesn't have to equal 2.

TheJadedMieu, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  13. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Add seven to both sides, and you get X=X+26. The only number 'X' where 'X+<a positive integer>' = 'X' is infinity, therefore X is equal to infinity. Not even difficult. NEXT!!

14. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

logic_fail_2.jpg

Makes perfect sense!

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  15. mining

mining Member

A large company is looking to hire. The applicants are a mathematician, a physicist, a programmer, an engineer and an accountant.
    The HR representative interview each applicant, and asks a closing question: What is 1+1?
    The mathematician instantly replies 2, then says - "no, wait, I need more information".
    The physicist replies 2.0.
    The programmer replies 10 or 02 or 0x2.
    The engineer replies 2, +/- 0.000000000001.
    The accountant gets up, closes the door and the windows, leans in and whispers "what do you want it to be".

TheJadedMieu, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

x = [sqrt(169) + n], where n is any number belonging to R.

But that teacher should be fired. From a mortar.

Turbo164 and OmniaNigrum like this.
  17. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

18. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

19. Warlock

Warlock Member

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, I remember that one time when someone made me angry enough and I threw my mobile at him. The mobile was fine, his face not really.

OmniaNigrum and TheJadedMieu like this.