Double Double Monster zoo Connected by the same room

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by RaustBlackDragon, Feb 6, 2012.

1. 6-00.png

Just thought I'd share.

Wi§p likes this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, it's a known problem. Sometimes two monster zoos can spawn on one floor and DoD treats them like one. Thank you for the notice, though - it's nothing new, but the image looks amusing for some reason.

3. You're welcome :) I know that two monster zoos can exist, but I just thought it was fairly crazy that, on NTTG, I found two DOUBLE SIZE ones connected by the same room.

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And a library, at that.
    It's now obvious that one of these shelves has Prelati's Spellbook.

5. alamar

alamar Member

And you have to clean both of those before getting the reward; and using other floors to get there would land you no reward at all.

6. I had this type of thing happen yesterday, but the 2 zoos were side by side. One opened up into the other. Fun. :)

7. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

you ignored all those bookshelves?

8. No crafting skill trees :)

9. Glazed

Glazed Member

Wait, the double zoo is a bug? I thought it was a feature.

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It is a feature.

11. Tycho

Tycho Member

Lookin' like you gonna die there, eyebrows

ice level's probably one of my least favorites because of those damn masks.

12. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Really? Really, really? I'm surprised.

There's plenty of behavior around it that seems buggy. Seeing both zoo locations on the minimap despite not being anywhere near one of them. One monster count, but nothing to indicate which zoo they came from, so you can never be certain which part of the map that last wight, gnome or blink batty ended up in. Every double-zoo I've seen was two of the exact same, never one small and one large. And then all the bugs or features where if you leave the level, enter a shop, or wander around for too long, there's no reward - the double zoos make all those minor headaches that much harder to avoid, and suggest something generally buggy in the zoo code.

I guess I also assumed that if the double zoo thing were really a feature it would have popped up "DOUBLE Monster Zoo!" in big letters. Something more obvious and definitive.

13. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Okay as far as I remember from what I was told by Nicholas a long time ago. To clarify: Double zoos themselves are a feature, but should be split and therefore give two rewards. (And probably not uncover the second as you find the first, obviously). So you're right, it's a feature with some bugs :p

r_b_bergstrom and Wisse like this.