Windows Vista/7 64-bit Can't load any save games

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Haldurson, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I can start a new game just fine. However, if I save a game, then exit to Windows, then try to load the game again, it shows no skill selected, and cannot load. Note that some of my old saves show a few skills, or all of the skills, but regardless, I cannot load them.

BTW, this is even without any mods installed.

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Update:
    I deleted the game and reinstalled it, and the problem persists. Note that if I save a game and do an immediate load without exiting to windows, then the load works fine. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. I'm willing to delete all of my old saves at this point. But if I can't make new ones, that kind of sucks.

/edit
    I tried the above again, deleted the game, but this time deleting all of the local content I could find (saves, etc.) but apparently when I reinstalled, it reinstalled the local content as well so that didn't fix it.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Can you only delete the full documents/gaslamp games/ folder and then start the game again, create a character and save, see if it's fixed?

4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

That doesn't work. The save game only shows a single skill selected, and it simply returns to the menu when i select it.

5. Daynab

Oookay uhm, I'll get a dev to look at this, meanwhile can you upload that save?

Also, if you can clarify: first you mentioned that saves weren't appearing, but now they are, only showing one skill?

6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

The saves are appearing (probably all of them even after deleting those) but when I click on one (before selecting to load it), you know how it shows you a list of the selected skills for the save? Sometimes the skills listed are blank (sometimes they are not, or only some of them are).

Attached Files:

7. Daynab

We'll take a look at it. Meanwhile, uh... reinstall I suppose, see if it fixes it?

8. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Reinstalling it (for a third time, mind you) didn't fix the problem. I also tried disabling the steam cloud (which oddly does not prevent Steam from apparently retrieving the save games from there), deleting the save directory (again), etc.

However, when I deleted my save games from within the load menu in-game, the problem seems to have gone away. I can now save and load games, seemingly without any difficulty, either with or without mods installed.

Anyway, thanks.