Allow using any kind of cheese in grilled cheese sandwich

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thorvald, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Thorvald

Thorvald Member

A very simple suggestion to improve the inventory space painfulness. There's at least ten different cheeses, filling almost a quarter of the precious inventory space, and there's relatively little difference between the different kinds. Right now only the cheapest/weakest cheese can be used for sandwiches; allowing the player to craft them all into sandwiches wouldn't change the difficulty of the game much but would be a vast improvement in convenience.

See also the same request on uservoice: http://dungeonsofdredmor.uservoice....-crafting-grilled-cheese-sandwiches-with-all- .

Feynt likes this.
  2. Feynt

Feynt Member

Grilled gooda sammich. >O

3. Dimitri

Dimitri Member

+1 to your suggestion. In the meanwhile, easiest way to have your cheese use less space is collect a lot of eggs, and turn all your cheese into cheesy omelettes. (grind, then smelt with egg)

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I'm going to make the grilled cheese take generic grated cheese which you produce from any cheese via grinder. So there!

Essence likes this.
  5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

<WILD APPLAUSE>

6. Thorvald

Thorvald Member

Huzzah! Many thanks!

Grinding cheese (and the cheesy omelet) must be a 1.0.7 addition; I've been using 1.0.6 (I bought the HIB but wanted to use steam achievements) and putting cheese in the grinder does nothing. Wish I could find a changelog.