"Zoo" Room Music Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by DFrost, Jul 16, 2011.

1. DFrost

DFrost Member

Hello,

I've encountered a bug concerning the zoo room's music. Whenever I encounter the zoo room and am inevitably forced to go up the stairs to the previous level to heal or find a better position, upon returning the music begins acting strangely (this also occurs if I go down to the next level). Firstly, the music no longer has the awesome zoo room rush music and has reverted to one of the normal music tracks to dungeoneer to. Secondly, every time I kill a monster that has come from the zoo-room, the music loads again, causing a pause. Sometimes it switches to a different song, other times it just reloads the current song. Both these issues only seem to occur if I leave the level and return before completing a zoo room encounter that was activated.

2. hax

hax Member

Yeah same here :/
    I know there was a beta but did only idots test this game?

3. mwoody

mwoody Member

I can confirm the strangeness with zoos if you retreat and come back. The "music switches every time I kill an enemy" bit is particularly frustrating.

@hax: don't be a dick.

4. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

-Music Off.

I nearly always do that within a few minutes of starting. Most games' music is very repetitive.. may as well turn on my own selection if I need music in the background, ya know? ;)

5. mwoody

mwoody Member

I like the music, both because it's nicely done and can warn you of certain game conditions (shops, zoos). But even turning it off isn't a solution, as the main annoyance here isn't the music so much as the brief pause while it loads the music, and that persists even if you turn the volume to zero.

It also scares the crap out of me, because there's a similar micro-pause when it loads the death animation. So it makes me keep thinking I'm dead.

6. Lord Blade

Lord Blade Member

I like the music, mostly because it's a bunch of blatant ripoffs of classic game music. LOL!

7. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Ahh so that's why I get that occasional hitching.. music loading, even though it's turned down to zero.

I had thought it was some screwy graphic loading, or being searched for and not found.

8. Mephi-Dross

Mephi-Dross Member

I can confirm this bug as well, retreating from a monster zoo and coming back to that level leads to music changing after every dead monster. :(

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Somebody finally gave me repro steps for this. Fix will be in Patch 1.0.3.