ZODIAC Alpha Testing

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FaxCelestis, Apr 2, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

[​IMG]
    If you're interested in testing the Zodiac mod and want to make suggestions as to changes that can be made to the spells, feel free to download and use this mod. PLEASE NOTE: You will need to replace your rooms.xml with the rooms.xml attached here (backing up your old rooms.xml, of course): otherwise, the room will not spawn and as such you won't be able to pick your sign.

Please note, this is an ALPHA, so it may crash your game. In fact, make it crash your game, please, so I can fix it all now.

[​IMG]
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • The Wheel and the Djinn In Tonic are crashy: this is because boozeBuff and eatBuff aren't implemented in 1.0.9. Don't pick these signs until you get 1.0.10.
    • The Eel's acid burn immunity only ends the debuff and not the DOT damage: this is an unfortunate side effect of how the existing acid burn abilities are made. I may see about making a replacement spellDB.xml as well, adding requirebuff="1" to the DOTs for those spells, or I may replace the ability.
    • The Bug needs a better buff: Right now it's just a couple of defensive procs, which is kind of lame for such a good concept.
    • The Slick is rather powerful out the gate but rapidly loses its edge within the first few floors, making it one of the weaker abilities later on. I've tried to make the toxic burns effect of the coated in oil debuff scalar to counteract this.
    Please leave any and all comments here.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Hrm. Crashes every time I step on any of the panels. :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. FaxCelestis

...weird. Hold on.

...I think I see the problem. Reuploading, try it again.

(I accidentally put the duplicated rooms.xml in the mod zip, which probably gave it some problems.)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Nope. Step towards a Zodiac square, game thinks real hard for 8-9 seconds before Browz even finishes taking his step, and then the "Send Error Report" window pops up. Sorry. :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. FaxCelestis

Once more, unto the breach. This time, however, use the regular rooms.xml, and use this code to force the room to spawn. See if that works:
    Code:
    -debug-flag -testroom "Zodiac Orrery" -x 7 -y 4

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It works. I think. But spawning the room leaves me unable to test it really. If there were a stair down or if the Diggle sign gave a digging ability and the rest of the level actually existed I could test it. I am going to spoil everything for myself and read what it does.

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It looks nice. I would love if there was a stair down attached to that room so I could play with it. But I can wait. You have too many things on your plate to listen to my inane gibbering. :)

8. FaxCelestis

So we've determined that there's something wrong with setting the room as the starting room. Maybe it's because the spells aren't in the main spellDB.xml?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Randomman413

Randomman413 Member

Djinn In Tonic? Aw, shucks, Fax, you probably don't remember me but until a few months ago the Playground was my go-to web destination and reading that has set off one hecka heavy nostalgiabombs. I know it's off-topic, but is d20 Rebirth closer to completion? Those rules were unbelievably slick. - Vadin

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. FaxCelestis

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Randomman413

Randomman413 Member

As ever, mad respect, sir.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. FaxCelestis

Now that 1.0.10 is live, Djinn In Tonic and Wheel should be functional now. MOAR TEZTINGZ

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Can we please have this fully functioning? ^^

OmniaNigrum likes this.