YTTG - alleviates resource issues in NTTG mode

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by r_b_bergstrom, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Member

I'm a fan of your works, I have both the swashbuckler and interior dredmorating mods subscribed! However, I also want this, so I tried installing it as instructed (I use Linux), however it wouldn't show up in the mod loader. However, the first couple of times I tried installing, some kind of invisible skill took up the seventh spot when I hit 'last', so it must have done something at least. I didn't find any YTTG rooms, and I couldn't reproduce the invisible skill bug. Help?

2. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

This mod does absolutely nothing to the skill database, so it's not likely to be the cause of the skill-related bug you're reporting.

If you turn on a skill-based mod and play using that skill, then exit out, turn off that mod and then relaunch and hit "Last" you'll get a result that very similar to what you're describing. Once you actually played a game, the missing skill would no longer be in your list of recently used skills, so you wouldn't get the invisible non-skill on subsequent presses of the "last" button. So I suspect the problem isn't about YTTG being turned on, but about some other mod having been turned off.

As to YTTG not appearing in the mod-loader, it may appear on the loading screen as "ID:YTTG" instead of just "YTTG". If some of your mods are installed using Steam Workshop and some are downloaded from the forums, your list usually won't be in alphabetical order. So if you were scanning the list for something that starts with a "Y", or if you jumped to the bottom of the list, you may have just missed it. I just booted up my copy of Dredmor, and "ID:YTTG" appears just past the middle of the list in my mod loader.

3. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Member

Sorry about the wait, turns out one of my attempted installs not only destroyed Steam, but a handful of the system files, severely crippling my computer. I'm surprised I was even able to get online. The joys of tinkering in Linux!

While I was installing and upgrading a new OS over the ruins, I found another thread that explained what I was supposed to do better, realized I had completely misunderstood the instructions. Once I was able to get on, I tried it, and... Fixed!

I'm loving it so far, it really helps. I keep starting over after a floor because I can't make up my mind on my skillset though. So picky.