"Your spell does no damage."

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Termy, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Termy

Termy Member

I'm certain thi will have been mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find it. Apologies if its a replication.

When a monster steps on a trap, but is unaffected by it, the game tells me something along the lines of "Your spell does no damage."

This is particularly strange when it happens to a monster that is out of my line of sight, sometimes triggering a trap I haven't even discovered yet.

I also think I received the same message when a monster was hit by another monsters spell, but I wasn't paying attention and couldn't replicate it.

Has anybody else noticed this, or is it just me?

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I notice it all the time while playing this game. However, I figured it would be fixed someday.

3. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

I know I get it when I use psychokinetic shove, but I just assume that spell isn't meant to deal any damage.. unless I shove them onto a trap or some such.

4. Desi

Desi Member

The game probably attributes any damage the monsters experience to you in order to simplify things. I get monsters mysteriously dying from traps too.

5. Termy

Termy Member

Well perhaps this belongs in suggestions, but it would make more sense if i) you only receive experience for traps you place and ii) you don't receive messages for events that are out of sight. I assume the devs are aware of it, though, and it's probably not that important for the moment.

I know they check the forums, but is there an official bugtracker to report to, or do they leave that for the beta testers?