Your Favourite Encrust so far?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Stryke, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Stryke

Stryke Member

As I just found The Worst Idea Ever as a secret recipe weapon encrust and that's not going to be easy to beat given the reagents are three hand grenades and some copper wire.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  2. Frelus

Frelus Member

Hive weapon, injecting thaumites since yesterday.
    Worst Idea Ever.
    The helmet one for which you need 3 wands, just because of the style, just like the aforementioned 2.

3. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

The meat one that use one of each steak is really nice. You don't need any craft skill for it and it add 5:life:. Low health mage characters can get a nice boost.

4. impishacid

impishacid Member

Gaudy Baubling (Crossbow, 6 tinkering): +5 holy dmg +5 aethereal damages, plus a dazzle effect?? Nice! 8D
    Conceptual Reinforcement (Helm, 5 Wandcrafting, Hidden): +3 armor absorption, +4 magic resistance, and +6 existential resistance - really nice, I wish I'd stocked up on lederhosen and absinthe! ><
    Really Holy Shield (Shield, 3 Wandcrafting, Hidden): +5 righteous resist and +5 necro resist, yespls.
    Pity the last two require wandcrafting :p

5. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

I love the H.U.D. for helmets. That's perfect for all my inaccurate Clockwork Armor.

6. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Offensive Shielding, for 4 :melee_power: and 5:crit: on my shield
    and Ultimate Rearden Crust for Midas attacks and :dmg_existential: damage

A side note. Anyone know the threshold for instability? I hit minor instability at about 41.

7. Portalboat

Portalboat Member

Kirk, there's no exact threshold. The number on the tooltip is the percentage chance that you'll add a 5% chance to proc the instability effect (when the bug is fixed, right now it's guaranteed if it's 5% or higher). So if you add a ultimate rearden crust you have a 35% chance on crafting to add a 5% chance to proc the instability effect. The percentage stacks as well, so if you add, say, poor man's enchantment to that URC'd sword, you'd have a 41% chance on crafting to add 5% chance.

If you add another one of the same type, though, the chance goes up exponentially. So a 2nd URC would be a 1225% chance to add a 5% chance.

Hope that helps :V

8. Frelus

Frelus Member

Erm, was that 1225% a typo?
    Because even if it was exponientially, it should be either:
    5^2=25%
    5^5=3125% (unlikely...I hope)
    .95^2=0.9025=9.75%
    .95^.95=.9524...=4.8...% (unlikely)
    So, which of these is it, or did I think wrong?

9. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Yeah, I noticed the thread for it right after I made that post. :rolleyes: Thanks anyway guys.

10. Portalboat

Portalboat Member

Nope, it wasn't a typo.
    "Also, if you encrust the same crust multiple times, the roll is made exponentially instead of being added. (Say a 5 instability crust being applied on an identical one, would be a 25% chance instead of 10% chance on the roll)"
    From Daynab.

35 (the instability of a URC) times 35 is 1225.

11. Borodin

Borodin Member

I suppose that makes sense at least to a point, since the encrustations can really add a lot to an item. But just from my perspective, I think a cap would be useful.

12. Frelus

Frelus Member

Ah, missed that you meant reapplying the rearden crust, I thought you meant a 5% one.
    Sorry, my fault.

13. Giygas

Giygas Member

The chainsaw encrust thing (the one that gives 3 :dmg_slashing: and 5 :crit:) is great for boosting crit and if you use daggers but can't find anything that deals more than 6 damage (curse you Gaslamp for not giving us ample craftable daggers!)

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  14. Artful Diggle

Artful Diggle Member

With wand-crafting you can enchant either your weapon or crossbow with the blink dust's/Emomancy first spell's monster blink. While that'd be annoying for actual combat, it can very well save your life if you're a wizard or the like, who wants to keep things -away-.

15. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I am loving encrusting! I got:
    Armor with 6:resist_putrefying: 6:resist_toxic: 6:resist_acidic:
    Pants with 9:resist_hyperborean: 6:resist_aphyxiative:
    Gloves with 6:melee_power:
    Boots with 15:dodge:
    Shield with 9:resist_voltaic:
    and once I get a good enough crossbow I'll add 10:dmg_righteous: and 10 :dmg_aethereal: to it.

16. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

You can't have 1225% chance of something. Probabilities are always between 0 and 1.
    Any instability over 100 still only gives a 100% chance of increasing the proc. Not a 1225% chance.

17. Giygas

Giygas Member

[​IMG]

New favorite encrustment: Gaudy Baubling.

I fell in love with Tinkering today.

18. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

This! This is my favorite encrusting!
    [​IMG]

I know what your saying "But what about how dangerously unstable it is?" When that is an on hit effect. Doesn't matter if I have 100% of a squid bolt on myself on hit if I never get hit (I also got 11 :resist_nercomatic: so it doesn't hurt me anyway);

19. Giygas

Giygas Member

Is it possible to dodge spells and flamefields/spell mines/whatever the heck they are?

20. Borodin

Borodin Member

Shouldn't be possible to dodge area effect destruction, unless you have spell resistance specific to that kind of destruction. And yes, from personal experience, I know area effect damage that catches a character with unstable armor will trigger the instability effect.