You Have To Put The Feedback for the DLC In The Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

[​IMG]

This may be a bit of a nitpick, but David probably cares.

The sprite graphics might need to be tightened up a bit so that it doesn't clip with the hero's face. You know how these things work...

Nicholas: Are you finished with that content yet? I got another DLC that needs to be designed.
    David: Almost done, just finished skill level six and we gotta tighten up the graphics a little bit.

Yep, the edges of arcB need to reach the very top of the edge of the sprite image, that way the player's sprite will appear to be enveloped by a force field rather than just his torso... that way you get a nice full body effect. Perhaps you could draw a little halo effect like "radiance_loop" around the head if you were feeling creative.

2. Just killed by a trap arrangement like this: Brax shop spawns with a trap gargoyle face right behind brax. Monster triggers trap, bolt hits brax, brax goes hostile, kills me.

This is probably just a feature (DL1 shop, for the record), but it seemed worth mentioning.

3. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Since the crash on new games wasn't mentioned, I am guessing that that is still being worked on. If it was supposed to be fixed for those without RotDGs, the game still crashes. :(

4. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Thank you, LionsDen, you just helped me figure what was causing that crash.

@David and Nicholas:

The room that's causing the crashing if you don't have RotDGs is the one called "Lobster Room".

That room from ID includes the level 0 fish warrior that exists in the RotDG files but is unused by the main game. It's currently the only way that particular monster ever spawns.

Either that monster will need to be transferred to the main game files, or that room will need to be commented out of the DLC.

5. Wolg

Wolg Member

On gargoyle traps: just stepped on one and got shot, fair enough. Moved hero west, pet mustache golem immediately stepped onto the trap. Golem got shot, hit graphics displayed on golem... hero took the damage and died.

Not sure if this is a new one or in current as well.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Ah-hah!

Good catch. I was trying to figure out what it was but I couldn't reproduce it over here. David, kill this room? (Or hell, just shove it in expansion 1.)

7. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

That's great news! :D

I can't wait for the next RC. :)

EDIT: I just removed that room from my rooms.xml and I am no longer getting crashes on 3 tries. Woohoo!!!

I can wait for the next RC because I was able to patch it myself until the next RC is ready. :D

Woohoo 318x472.jpg

8. Ruigi

This fix for aetheric death ray insures that the discharge effect triggers properly

Code:
    <spell name="Disintegrate Corpse" type="targetcorpse">
    <effect type="damage" conflagratory="6" />
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/disintegration_hit/disintegration_hit" frames="6" framerate="80" sfx="flame_weak" centerEffect="0"/>
    </spell>
    <spell name="Aetheric Death Ray beam" type="beam" icon="skills/aetheric_death_ray32.png" >
    <effect type="damage" burn="1" voltaicF=".34" primaryScale="5" affectscaster="1" />
    <effect type="damage" burn="1" aethereal="10" aetherealF="5" secondaryScale="23" affectscaster="1" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="1" spell="Disintegrate Corpse" />
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/lightningarc/lightningarc" frames="7" framerate="250" centerEffect="0" sfx="deathray" />
    </spell>
    <spell name="Voltaic Feedback" type="self">
    <effect type="damage" aethereal="2" voltaic="2" affectscaster="1" />
    <effect type="spellpoints" amount="-4"/>
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/voltaic_hit/voltaic_hit" frames="8" framerate="90" sfx="elec" />
    </spell>

<spell name="Aetheric Discharge boom" type="self" icon="skills/spells/blinding_goodness32.png" downtime="24" >
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/blastA/blastA" frames="4" framerate="70" centerEffect="1" sfx="explosion"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Aetheric Discharge" type="self" icon="skills/spells/blinding_goodness32.png" downtime="24" >
    <buff
      useTimer="1"
      time="30"
      self="0"
      stacksize="1"
      allowstacking="0"
      icon="skills/aetheric_discharge64.png"
      smallicon="skills/aetheric_discharge32.png"
      bad="0">
    <halo name="sprites/sfx/lightningarc/lightningarc" first="0" num="7" frameRate="100" />
    <mute amount="1"/>
    <secondarybuff id="14" amount="-16"/> <!-- mana regen -->
    <description text="It appears that your death ray has a few unresolved design flaws-- ow! that hurts..." />
    </buff>
    <effect type="trigger" amount="1" spell="Aetheric Discharge boom" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="1" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="100" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="2" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="90" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="3" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="80" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="4" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="70" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="5" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="60" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="6" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="50" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="7" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="40" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="8" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="30" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="9" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="20" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="11" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="10" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="12" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="13" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="14" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="15" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="16" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="17" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="18" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="19" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="20" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="21" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="22" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="23" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="24" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="25" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="26" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="27" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="28" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="29" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="30" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <effect type="trigger" amount="31" spell="Voltaic Feedback" percent="5" />
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/blastB/blastB" frames="4" framerate="70" centerEffect="1" sfx="explosion"/>
    </spell>
    <spell name="Aetheric Death Ray" type="targetfloor" icon="skills/aetheric_death_ray32.png" >
    <requirements mp="35" savvyBonus="0.25" mincost="15" />
    <description text="Your final work is a weapon so deadly that it is sure to reveal the inherant irrationality of war thus bringing an age of everlasting peace. In the meantime, a demonstration is required ... (Damage is scaled by your wandcrafting skill.)"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Aetheric Death Ray beam" />
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Aetheric Discharge" percent="5" />
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/impact_piercing/impact_piercing" frames="3" sfx="enchanted" framerate="250"  centerEffect="1"/>
    <ai hint="target"/>
    </spell>

oh yeah, and it now works with diggle scientists. yaaay

FaxCelestis likes this.
  9. Ruigi

any more specific information that could help us pinpoint the problem?

which floor?
    What kind of trap?

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if it's been posted in the thread yet, but new bug with bolt machines only giving 3 types of bolts.

11. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Yeah, at least I remember seeing it. I also posted it but I thought they were now level specific and I thought that was cool if they also had a small chance to spawn a higher level bolt. I had only been going on level 1 so I didn't know that it was bugged on lower levels. :rolleyes:

12. Ruigi

I had a lengthy conversation about wandlore with J-factor, and decided to make Transmogrification a level 6 wand, I'm also making the recipes simpler. Seriously, there should be at least one level 6 wand recipe.
    Code:
    <craft hidden="0">
     <output skill="3" name="Pearlescent Wand" amount="1" />
     <tool tag="lathe"/>
     <input name="Burnt Out Wand"/>
     <input name="Electrum Ingot" />
     <input name="Black Pearl" />
     </craft>
    <!-- this totally needs art 
    <craft hidden="1">
     <output skill="3" name="Wand of Van de Graaff" amount="1" />
     <tool tag="lathe"/>
     <input name="Aluminum Ingot" />
     <input name="Copper Wire" />
     <input name="Voltaic Cell" />
     </craft>
    -->

<craft>
     <output skill="6" name="Wand of Transmogrification" amount="1" />
     <tool tag="lathe"/>
     <input name="Steel Ingot" />
     <input name="Turquoise" />
     </craft>

13. tejón

tejón Member

Re: vending machines. On IRC last night I saw a whole bunch of griping about level 6 and 7 artifact rewards being total junk. Could this be the same bug, i.e. a "get appropriate level" function which is yielding an invalid or incorrect return?

14. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

(keep in mind things new to me may not be new to beta)

I'll edit this post as I notice things... First off, the new skill sets seem rather complex. Warlockery I'm not sure I quite understand and Rogue Scientist and Rocket Knight appear built around crafting skills. Geomancy seems the most straight forward of the bunch. All is good, but I'll have to come back and try some of them. I have to be in the mood to play a crafting build.

I'm doing a play through right now with the following build psionics, unarmed, necromancy, blood mage, leywalker, burglary, vegan. The idea is to build a tome wielding monk with necromancy to handle zoos. Warlockery would probably be a great fit for this build, but I am not sure I fully understand the skill set.

1) Noticed the yellow crown item in a shop. I absolutely love it. Will be great for this build.
    2) The enemy "a common cave raven" triggers traps even though it is flying.
    3) The mage training seems to offer far less stats. I can see where it was previously a bit over powered but I'm not sure it's worth taking now. Perhaps there is a happy medium between where it is now and where it was last patch?

Edit 1 (currently on DL 4)

1) Both of the mysterious portals I've encountered have contained high tier artifacts. One being an archmages robe the other being a rune shield. Very cool. Have I been lucky or is this a feature? If so, diving into the portals has been a blast.
    2) Leywalker seems quite overpowered right now. The second ability grants 24 mana over 12 turns on a CD of 30. That's so good you don't really need another mana ability or even to put more points into leywalker. Perhaps that skill needs to be at the end of the line? As it stands right now that skill + some regen items gives a caster all they will ever need and it gives it early. That overshadows all the other ways to gain mana in the game such as fungal, booze, blood magic, alchemy/distillation etc.
    3) I've been thinking about the new skills and warlockery + geomancy with an unarmed dual shield 100% block build will be next for me. Sounds fun. Still the new skills seem rather advanced to me. Certainly more for players very familiar with the game.
    4) Ohhh 1 square width doors, neato!

15. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

I just noticed that with the Rc3 the bolt-vendor bug is still present and that the Acid pools from bloobs and th acid gargoyl trap are not dealing damage.

I'm standing in a acid pool with 0 acid resistance and nothing happens.

16. Coffeespoons

Coffeespoons Member

Looks like I had a monument appearing on top of a fountain in my last game (RC2)

17. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Stuff spawing on other stuff happens all the time in the vanilla game. I've even had a bolt vendor spawn under an eyeball throne on me. That was a major pain as I didn't have anything to move it and it was on DL1. :confused:

18. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Wow. I hadn't even considered that as an option. If you moved that room to RotDG, it would make me extremely happy.

19. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Maybe I am just weird but I've always really liked this room for some reason. Here's my teeny tiny vote to not kill it :(

OmniNegro and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  20. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I am posting rooms.xml that goes in the expansion2/game folder. This will allow people without RotDG to play RC3 so that it doesn't crash the game between floors or on the first floor. RC4 and beyond should be fixed for this. Here you go.

EDIT: Removed file from this post because there is a newer version in a post on the next page.

OmniNegro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.