You Have To Put The Feedback for the DLC In The Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Had a conversation in the IRC with some testers and they think that Thaumomechanical rebreather and Clockwork Reflexes should be swapped. I'm inclined to agree with them. Mostly because I want to see some scientists kill themselves with thier own toxin grenades.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yeah, that would save me a lot of time wasted on trying to sort out fiddly syntax errors.

@Ruigi
    Sure, I like the idea of people gassing themselves. Done.

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

generally speaking, the only description texts that matter in spellDB are those within <buff> tags and those for <monster>s. Everything else is basically just fun to read when you're poking through the XML, TTBOMK.

4. tejón

tejón Member

Not necessarily within buff tags. You can put a buff description anywhere in the spell.

...hmm...

5. Essence

Right. I just always put them inside the buff tags because you only see the description text when you mouseover the buff, so it makes logical sense to me to put them in the buff tags. Fortunately, the game is more flexible than my brain.

6. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

And what a massive brain it is, judging by your avatar.

7. tejón

tejón Member

"Fortunately" is questionable in this case. ;) It's the kind of thing I'd mark as technically valid but bad style in that hypothetical magic XML makey-righty tool discussed upthread.

8. Essence

Oh, that's not my skull. If you look carefully, right above the eyebrows, you can see the crease. It's actually a giant phallus that I wear on my head to scare the Thrusties away. They're pure pitcher, you know. Threaten them with a role reversal and they scatter like leaves on the wind.

Glazed, Kazeto, TheJadedMieu and 2 others like this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Essence and the strap-on Thrusty he wears on his head... Bad mental imagery. *Bad*...

10. tejón

tejón Member

Hmm, thread's taking quite the turn. Nicholas! Release some more bugs, stat!

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Oops... I forgot to mention that Clockwork Thunderclap should inflict the "Dazed" status. I hope you got this one too.
    Code:
    <spell name="Thunderclap" type="target" icon="skills/impossible_shot32.png">
      <effect type="trigger" spell="Dazed" />
      <effect type="trigger" amount="1" spell="Thunderclap Boom" />
      <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/blastB/blastB" frames="4" framerate="70" centerEffect="1" sfx="explosion"/>
      </spell>

There... now all the clockwork stuff should inflict consistent status effects.

12. FaxCelestis

I've heard rumors that monsters with onDeath effects aren't triggering properly. Can anyone confirm that?

13. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

One thing I would like fixed is the uberchests become blockers after loading a game. You can no longer walk through them. I'm not sure as I haven't tried lately, but the evil chests may be the same. This isn't from this patch/DLC, it's been in 1.0.10. This is just part of my wishlist not majorly important. :)

14. jadkni

jadkni Member

I asked it in the IRC chatroom but I don't think I got an answer - are the steam clouds from Baromatic Pulse Device and Rocket-Powered Punch supposed to have any effect? They don't seem to.

15. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Purely aesthetic.

16. jadkni

jadkni Member

Gotcha.

Now for a real bug to prove my worth - something strange is happening with the targeting on Alchemical Toxin Canister. The Canister will always "hit" a point a few squares away from where it landed. The Aetheric Death Ray will also charge you the mana as if it had been cast successfully with no actual effect when targeting an object.

EDIT: Tossed a Canister at a mob in close quarters and crashed. Very strange.

17. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I find the exploit that allows you to use wands infinite times to detract from wandcrafting a bit. Any chance this could be fixed before the patch release? I realize I complained about this with the 1.0.10 beta as well so I presume this is a low priority.

Here are the details again:

1. Craft two of the same wand with the lathe
    2. If you had only one open space in the hotbar, you now have a stack of two wands. Otherwise, one of them will allow the other to stack onto it.
    3. Split the stack to get a fresh wand with new charges
    4. Use one wand until it has just one charge left
    5. Recombine the stack
    6. Split the stack..
    7. So long as you don't reload the game, you can keep doing this indefinitely

18. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

While I don't have the patch beta yet, I would like to contribute that corpses standing around after going down a floor and coming back is not new to the expansion, it was (and is) happening in 1.0.10. I've seen it twice, and though, "I should report that" both times. Then I forgot.

19. FaxCelestis

THEORY TIME: Walking dead (not zombys, har har) are when a creature is spawned with less than zero HP (such as on a creature that has an HP penalty {ie, the ravens, some diggles}), which is causing the game to recognize it as alive and dead. Since HP has never dropped below zero (it started there, so it never passed zero), the creature is alive and moves. But since it has HP less than zero, it's dead and classified as a corpse (and as such can't take non-movement actions as they require a living caster).

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Have you seen them move? I have not. I have seen them standing there, but the corpse goes away quickly enough to simply slip my mind. If they move then this is a new bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.