You Have To Put The Feedback for the DLC In The Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Oh, you were getting corrupted; it's just that the corruption suffers from the same floaty-not-floating issue as the XP medals, block/counter/crit etc. *sigh* I'll put up RC9 tomorrow.

Spell effects may be affected by the same thing.

2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

No, my gear is untouched. And there's no notifications in the ticker saying "Blahdeblah, the Executive Artifact Thingy was corrupted!".

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I am noticing some of these animation speed shenanigans.

Spells - definitely faster
    Destroying objects - faster
    Moving - maybe a tiny bit faster on default speed okay it is faster and much smoother, but on speed +1, WAY FASTER

Dwarven IED animation seems to be the same though.

4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Oh! That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Wait. Why did you address me? I'm confused. I don't think anything got nerfed that I would complain about.

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

After getting through the last 5 pages I can tell you I have no idea why did he do that.

I presume he simply lacks sleep and should get some.

7. lantzk

lantzk Member

It looks like Mage's Mana Maille can lead to some seriously negative mana: warlocknonsense.png

It generally clears after it gets below -10 but I've seen it go as far as -41 before clearing. The problem with this 'clearing' is that you can 'regen' as much as 40 mana in one turn when it resets your mana to zero.

It'd be fine if it stayed as a debt that you had to work off with booze or something, but it just bounces back to zero. I'm not sure if this is a bug per se, but Mage's Mana Maille certainly doesn't seem to be working as intended in this case.

8. Nicholas

9. Nicholas

Hang on, I may have put up the wrong EXE. Looks like a case of TUESDAY MADNESS

10. Nicholas

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  11. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Doc Gelegentlich and Kazeto like this.
  12. FaxCelestis

Strange bug: villainous dopplegangers ineffectually play their attack animation when you activate clockwork reflexes.

13. FaxCelestis

[14:00] <FaxCelestis> WHO THE HELL PUT A MYSTERIOUS PORTAL IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS ZOO
    [14:00] <FaxCelestis> BERGSTROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
    [14:00] <Kaoschan> LOL
    [14:01] <Aegho> LOL

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Lack of sleep is a handy excuse, but I am not too sure. I thought you would be upset by the nerfed procs on xbows. I was wrong. :)

I will try to avoid predicting a forum war before I inadvertently make one myself. Sorry for the nonsense. The sleep helped at least.

15. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Not in the DLC, I didn't. I was very careful to make sure that any room I felt was something people might want to opt out of wouldn't make it into the expansion. There's one that can appear on floor 12 of ID 1.2.6, but NOT in YHTNTEP.

Just checked the files to make sure it didn't somehow slip in. Nope, it's not in any of the RCs I've seen. :confused: You must be playing with a mod installed... :cool: didn't Nicholas ask us not to do that?

P.S.:
    <r_b_bergstrom> WHO THE HELL PUT ALL THESE DAMN CALTROPS ON EVERY SINGLE SPACE OF EVERY SINGLE FLOOR OF EVERY SINGLE DUNGEON
    <r_b_bergstrom> FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX
    :p

16. FaxCelestis

He did. I laughed and did it anyway. :p This isn't my OMGTEZT character anyway.

r_b_bergstrom likes this.
  17. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

We're adding Steam Workshop support with this version guys! Oh, and make sure you do not test it with any mods loaded.

18. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's not about testing without mods, but when someone crashes or finds some kind of major bug and then it turns out they're running 20 mods, it's quite frustrating to debug.

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Exactly. I play mods every time until I run into a problem. Then I try vanilla to see if the mod is with the game or the mod. If I cannot duplicate the problem without mods, then the mods invariably have to be the cause.

New mods are made for new versions of the game. There are at least ten mods to every release candidate. (Both in numbers, and chronologically.)

People like FaxCelestis are working on their mods like FAXPAX right alongside of the RCs. And rightly so, since every new version allows for more elegant possibilities for mods. Sometimes it is a new way of doing something that just works better. And sometimes trying this allows them to find bugs that simply cannot be found with a vanilla game.

20. Nicholas

Yep! That.

Modding lets you create things that can break the game. We're taking steps to try and fix this - witness Validator Madness going on - but at the same time, our primary job is to ensure that we put out the best product we can by ourselves. If you want to break it later, then that's good! And we support that. But it's more of a question of priority than anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.