You Have To Put The Feedback for the DLC In The Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

In RC8, the words Block, Counter and Critical are not showing up when they happen. The damages are still affected and I think the sounds are there, just no floating words.

2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I just got a popup:
    "ALERT ALERT - BUFF NOT DEAPPLIED CORRECTLY"

It seems to happen whenever a playerHitEffectBuff-called spell triggers at the same time a previously cast spell from that same source wears off.

EDIT: HOWEVER, my stats seem to be fine.

3. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I wasn't sure but at times in RC7 Lucky Find words would show up but no item would spawn. It just now happened in RC8.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

LionsDen: Good catches. Fixed.
    Fax: got an example of such a buff?

5. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I think Haywire is doing the same thing as the other words. At least I think that it showed haywire when it used to happen. :)

6. Nicholas

Yeah, it's all of them. It was broken by the fix for the breakable things.

Le sigh.

7. Glazed

Glazed Member

I got the BUFF NOT DEAPPLIED error on level 1 while indiscriminately slaughtering helpless animals while playing a vegan, and just walking off the buffs. I was using debug mode and had put three points in vegan.

snap004888.png

8. tejón

tejón Member

Does it help that I've had to tell people the same thing on multiple occasions? Solidarity, etc.

9. Nicholas

Oh, cool. I'll track that down then.

10. Glazed

Glazed Member

Monsters with "stealGold" aren't actually stealing gold. Is this supposed to work? That attribute appears on both <stats> and <ai>. Neither seem to work.

11. Aegho

Aegho Member

Couple of things:
    1) Mysterious portal crashes still occur.
    2) The loadout on burglary, perception and piracy is still broken. (hint: <loot name="misc" subtype="lockpick" amount="whatever" always="1"> does not work. <loadout type="misc" subtype="lockpick" always="1"> works (amount is broken on it so adding it does nothing, ie: <loadout type="misc" subtype="lockpick" amount="8" always="1"> spawns 1 lockpick, which is why I simply paste multiple lines of it every single time a new RC comes out). This is a pet peeve of mine.

12. FaxCelestis

The little medal that shows next to gained experience isn't showing up.

13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

As per the discussion in several other threads, the only thing keeping me from making a lockpick maker wand is the fact that it would almost doubtlessly be redundant with similar goals of FAXPAX, RR, and ID as well as other mods.

The actual optimal goal would be to allow them to be crafted. But they are hardcoded and a wand or potion or something is required at current.

14. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

This was with RC7, not RC8 but I have a sense of deja vu and I think this is an old bug, perhaps a known one but when I asked in IRC I was told to report so here it is:
    corpsebug2.png corpsebug1.png

The blobby was the first one to die, killed by Remember Your Charlemange. It correctly showed the death frame for the corpse that time, but it did display the peaceful+confused text. After that, I killed the raven in melee. Eventually, its corpse noticed me and turned hostile, although it had no text initially like with a normal corpse.

When I took the stairs down, and went back up, the corpses were stuck on walking frames rather than a death frame. The screenshots don't convey this, but those monsters are completely still and not animated.

And there's more! I noticed a batty corpse, looking properly dead, try to kill me.I figured it must have attacked me on my way back up, so I took the stairs up and down again to see if it'd do the same thing when I returned. Lo and behold:
    corpsebug3.png

After those three bugged corpses disappeared (shortly after some new monsters spawned, too, actually), I was unable to make any new ones. Even when killing monsters with Remember Your Charlemange.

15. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

LOL

Ain't that always the way. :confused:

Nicholas likes this.
  16. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I always thought of this as a feature and part of the reason to use unarmed in the first place, not as a bug. Although what does this mean exactly? Kronged crossbows don't provide their spells when attacking in melee, or the damage buffs like the bonus aetherial doesn't get applied to ranged attacks?

17. FaxCelestis

I feel like animation speeds for spells are way faster in RC8 than they were in RC7.

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This I have mixed feelings about. I like a hard game, but the xbow procs were amazingly useful since once you find/craft a useful xbow it can be Kronged to give a proc that will persist while you are changing melee weapons several times every level.

That negation would really irritate me, but I understand why you did it. (That is presuming that I am guessing the correct interpretation of what it means. And I may not be.)

@DavidB1111, please remember this is still a release candidate. It may get unnerfed before it is done, and for you I will make or assist in the making of a mod to make it work better for you. (Better in this case means easier.) I hope I am not presuming you will take this as an awful thing when you will not. I still consider you a friend, despite the fact that we often disagree on most points. Relax my friend. All will be well.

Elvish Reality will have a Elvish Fantasy mod that is the opposite of my first conversion. :)

19. FaxCelestis

Just melee'd my way through floor 10 with between 65 and 85 magic resist. Fought against a veritable army of blobs of corruption in melee. Was not corrupted once. I feel like something's up with corruption effects.

20. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

He doesn't mean the passive stat bonuses, he means the special procs like "Nice Combo!", etc. In RC7, if you had a crossbow equipped, they would not work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.