You Have To Put The Feedback for the DLC In The Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

This made me laugh.

Aegho, you've created a time paradox, you changed the future!

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Next time you change the past or present, please add some money to my bank account. I would love to buy a few things. :)

The *Real* purpose of this post is to suggest to modders to use removebuffbyname before adding a mod so that it cannot stack as the current RC does with so many little things despite the allowstacking flag being "0".

Please take this extra step. It is a modest change and entirely negates the trouble. (Unless there is a problem with that and I just do not know it.)

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

<Goes back in time and steals confederate Gold like the opening of Timecop, sells it in the present, goes back in time and gives Omni a share of the 25 million dollars or so>

The real point of this post is to ask if RC7 is at least stable enough for me to sit down and play it reliably?
    Because it seems to be a bit wonky from what I read.

4. Aegho

Aegho Member

From my experience RC7 is completely stable with fresh saves but sometimes crashes on old ones.

5. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I've seen that happen in 1.0.10 no-DLC as well now. It's not just pedestals, either. In both of the games where I've seen it happen, there was zero mouse-over name-text on any of the elements, customblockers, and custombreakables. It was particularly annoying on custombreakables, because there was no indication that you could break them. If I weren't so familiar with the room designs, I wouldn't have realized they could be broken.

It seemed to be happening only after restoring from auto-save, and then lasting for the remainder of that floor and correcting itself once you went down stairs. I can't be 100% certain of that part of it, because it wasn't something I was actively tracking at the time, it's just an anecdotal recollection after the fact. Plus, telling apart "bug happens that after restoring from auto-save" from "bug that is actually the secret cause of the crash" can be very tricky.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Acid pools now work, but....flying enemies (potatoes, ravens, etc) can get hurt by moving over them.

7. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It's been like that since the beginning. Mines make no distinction based on move type.

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

ah, i didn't know this. i figured since floor traps can't be activated by flying that it would be similar. guess not.

9. Aegho

Aegho Member

Gas clouds and such are also mines. But yeah they could add another bolean switch like mineflyingsafe.

10. ShadeofDante

ShadeofDante Member

So far RC7 seems really great, the only issue I've seen was one of the "Pond" rooms where you walk onto the highlighted tile and either get healed or summon monsters. Only when you walk on it, nothing happens.

11. Aegho

Aegho Member

Old bug, not introduced in RC7.

12. Aegho

Aegho Member

Some flags got broken in RC7...

allowstacking/stacksize - you can stack buffs even with allowstacking="0" stacksize="1".
    affectsCorpses="0" - doesn't work. I tried putting it on every single effect in faxpax's "Essence of Essence's Essentially Emasculating Pox" and corpses still spammed resist text every turn creating massive lag.

There may be more, I don't remember, and there may be some I haven't run into.

13. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Give me an example of a buff that was working and is now stacking illegally, please?

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

15. Aegho

Aegho Member

Power of Magic Steel (viking magic)
    Thaumechanical Rebreather (rogue scientist)
    Thaumecha-kinetic Damper (clockwork knight)

16. Michael88

Michael88 Member

Sorry for reporting only esthetics, I am ocd like that >__<

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Lava eelies do not move in lava.

EDIT: Also they don't know how to target Gog's Tactical Pyre.

18. Nicholas

- Fixed allowStacking/stackSize.
    - affectsCorpses was a broken piece of **** and never worked. It does now.

19. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

YAY NOW MY POX BOMBS WON'T BE LAGMONSTERS

Essence likes this.
  20. Nicholas

http://patches.gaslampgames.com/dredmor/dredmor_exp2_test_rc8.zip

CHANGES:

- fixes the broken stacking from the last build
    - fixes affectCorpses
    - fixes uanrmed buffs w/crossbows
    - some other stuff, I don't even know what David's up to these days. we don't talk any more, we just sit silently staring at each other across the dinner table

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.