You have to name the expansion = ValveTestApp98821

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by andiherbst, Jul 6, 2012.

1. andiherbst

andiherbst Member

Hi guys!

I recently installed the "You have to name the Expansion" DLC via Steam and noticed something weired: Under the DLC-tab it shows up as "ValveTestApp98821".

First I thought that this is a placeholder and would be replaced after naming the expansion - unfortunately this didn't do the trick.

I already logged off completely, reinstalled the game and even Steam and verified the files. Is there something wrong with my installation or my steam account?

Under my transaction history and licenses the DLC shows up as: "Dungeons of Dremor DLC2" - can anybody confirm this please? There is a spelling error in it, which somehow disturbes me ;) - you forgot the d in dredmor.

Have a great day!
    Andi

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This is just Steam being a pain. It does this sort of thing every once in a while for no clear reason. Sometimes it persists. I suggest uninstalling DoD and using -Nukesteamcloud to clear all the mess it left behind. Then close Steam, restart it, and reinstall DoD. That *Should* fix it.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This is nothing you can fix personally, and what Omni says above won't do anything so don't bother. Basically those are indeed placeholder names that Steam gives to every game or DLC. Normally the name gets replaced after a few hours of it coming out, something evidently bugged out.

Don't worry about it, you have the right thing.

4. andiherbst

andiherbst Member

Thanks for your quick responses! Glad to hear that everything is ok - hopefully time will resolve these cosmetic issues :)