You CAN Mod Diggle Gods, But...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FaxCelestis, Apr 10, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

...but there's a catch: the activation method won't be the same. You'll need a lever and it won't have that nifty "Do you wish to pray at the altar" confirm box. I can confirm, however, that the following works.

rooms.xml
    Code:
    <room width="11" height="12" name="Small Shrine To The Diggle God Of Mediocrity" >
        <row text="###########"/>
        <row text="###########"/>
        <row text="#...213...#"/>
        <row text="d....4....d"/>
        <row text="#.........#"/>
        <row text="###D###D###"/>
            <flags minLevel="1" maxLevel="5" noblockers="1" notraps="1" notreasure="1" nomonsters="1"  digglegod="1" special="1" /> <!-- digglegod="1" is important here. Probably don't need both it and special="1", but core diggle god chambers have both, so play it safe. -->

<customengraving name="Floor Candles" at="3" pngSprite="dungeon/candles_floor_nw/candles_floor_nw" pngFirst="0" pngNum="3" pngRate="150" passable="1" pngAnimate="1" description="The flames of these candles writhe tentacularly in the damp air." />
        <customengraving name="Floor Candles" at="2" pngSprite="dungeon/candles_floor_ne/candles_floor_ne" pngFirst="0" pngNum="3" pngRate="150" passable="1" pngAnimate="1" description="The flames of these candles struggle against the dampness." />

<customblocker name="Sconce" x="3" y="1" pngSprite="dungeon/wall_sconceA/wall_sconceA" pngFirst="0" pngNum="3" pngRate="110" passable="0" pngAnimate="1" description="The flames burn with rage." can_push="0" />
        <customblocker name="Sconce" x="7" y="1" pngSprite="dungeon/wall_sconceA/wall_sconceA" pngFirst="0" pngNum="3" pngRate="110" passable="0" pngAnimate="1" description="The flames burn with rage." can_push="0" />
        <customblocker name="Statue of the Diggle God of Mediocrity" at="1" png="sprites/diggle_god_mediocrity.png" passable="0" description="The Diggle God of Mediocrity looks askance at you." can_push="0" id="statue" />

<element type="lever" id="lever0" at="4" />

<script repeat="-1">
            <condition condition_type="activated_changed" activated="1" id="lever0" />   
            <action on="success" action_type="spell" casts="Diggle God of Mediocrity Blessing" />
            </script>
        </room>
    spellDB.xml
    Code:
    <spell name="Diggle God of Mediocrity Blessing" type="self">
        <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/rage/rage" frames="3" framerate="50" sfx="large_hit" />
        <buff useTimer="0" stacksize="1" icon="skills/diglet64.png" smallicon="skills/diglet32.png"  digglegod="1"> <!-- digglegod="1" is important here -->
            <secondarybuff id="0" amount="5"/>
            <secondarybuff id="1" amount="5"/>
            </buff>
        <description text="The Diggle God of Mediocrity feebly asks for dirt? Or something? To dig, possibly?" />
        <ai hint="buff"/>
        </spell>
    diggle_god_mediocrity.png
    Mod away, moddeteers.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

No, just add a digglegod tag to spellDB.xml and it will be fine and you can spawn it as a normal Diggle God.

<digglegod name="Diggle God of Death" description="Dark and skeletal, the Diggle God of Death relaxes in his? stylish coffin." art="dungeon/diggle_god_death.png" spell="Diggle God of Death Blessing"/>

MrAltamente, Essence, lccorp2 and 3 others like this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Still, both of these can be used - the one Fax proposed is the one we can use for any "special" buff, even if it's not one of the "god" buffs.

But thank you for the comment, Nicholas.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I like how Nicholas occasionally drops in and says how to mod previously thought-hardcoded stuff.

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I like it too, Daynab.

6. FaxCelestis

This calls for a drink.
    diggle_god_booze.png

SkyMuffin likes this.
  7. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

I had tried to mention this before I just didn't explain it very well but I know I mentioned once that the diggle gods were in the spellDB.

8. FaxCelestis

Yeah, I knew their spells were in there. I just hadn't noticed the <digglegod /> entries.

9. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

I had and probably could have saved you some trouble had I explained it better.

10. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Me either. I had tried to make a "Diggle God of Foreshadowing" a couple months ago, and gave up when I couldn't find anywhere in the room files that connected the shrine to the spell. I'd assumed it was hardcoded, and gave up on it.

11. FaxCelestis

You should make a Diggle God of Interior Dungeonating. :p

r_b_bergstrom likes this.