YHTNTEP without Steam?

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by JuliaW, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Laurentide

Laurentide Member

Desura doesn't have the 1.0.11 patch up yet. :(

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

He was speaking of 1.0.11, not the expansion. YHTNTEP requires 1.0.11 to work. Until Desura and Gamefly have 1.0.11 there is no option for it.

*Edit* Other than Steam obviously.

3. onesandzeroes

onesandzeroes Member

I have the game on Desura, and the 1.0.11 patch is up, has been since a day or two after YHTNTEP came out. That is, all the fixes and changes to the game code that allow you to run YHTNTEP are there, just not the extra content. Omni's torrent worked fine on my Desura install.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

You are correct, I had a dumb moment. But since it seems it's on Desura...

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Oh. Why was there no notice of this on Desura? Or even here? There was a front page post about 1.0.11 hitting Steam. I figured until they say something that it was being held up for some reason on the two lesser distribution methods. (That was my dumb moment.)

6. Daynab

Wonder if it's been updated for HIB too, I shall ask.

7. Their latest update is 2012-04-04.
    So that's a no, unless magic!

8. Laurentide

Laurentide Member

I'm looking at it right now, and there is no update available on Desura. There's a standalone 1.0.11 installer for Linux, but the Windows and Mac installers are 1.0.10. If I try to use Omni's torrent I get an error message.

9. Daynab

Nicholas says he'll deal with it. Strange that linux has it and windows/mac doesn't.

10. Laurentide

Laurentide Member

Thanks for looking into it. I'm guessing someone just forgot to pull a lever somewhere. :)

11. Dearmeat

Dearmeat Member

i downloaded it i have no idea what to do next help?

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Just extract it to your DoD game directory. It is nothing more complex than that. If done properly and you have the correct 1.0.11 version of the game it will change the start screen of the main menu. If it does not then you either did not extract it to the right place, or you have an older version of the game. example.jpg

13. Dearmeat

Dearmeat Member

ok thx XD

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. Shardz

Shardz Member

This is the craziest operation I've ever seen. I just purchased the complete DoD on Desura and the software is NOT current. Then I come over here...you have free expansions on TPB, Steam-folk modding away, while Humble Bundle and Desura users are left wondering if their game will ever jump past v1.010. Days have gone by apparently and nobody knows anything. Wow.

I know this for a fact; Stone Soup is free, the 10.3 patch just came out, and EVERYONE can access it. What's wrong with this picture here? If you update your soft on one site, update it on ALL the sites...that's how it works. Desura is notoriously slow for updating, but come on...

At least state on the landing page that Desura is just now getting over the Jimi Hendrix Experience and they'll be at our service soon. Otherwise, let's have a refund. I can't stand begging for patches from developers. Ever.

15. Daynab

I answered your comment here. http://community.gaslampgames.com/t...1-0-11-feedback-thread.3422/page-6#post-41464

16. Hotbread

Hotbread Member

after patching together the DB files of the expansion and in the game folder and placing several sprites in several places, the game gave me errors on missing sprites, so I made copies of similar sprites, recolored, then renamed them as to satisfy the game.
    If anyone wants I can provide the newly altered files for download.

note: simply placing the expansion 2 folder in the game's folder did not work, I had to patch it all in manualy, as stated above.

OmniNegro likes this.
  17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That must have been an amazing amount of work. Please do post them. Even if it is not a perfect fix, it would be a step in the right direction. Thank you for doing this.

18. Hotbread

Hotbread Member

actualy it was quite easy, a bit of copy and paste work and recoler, I had it done in under half an hour. im compiling the files I need now but I have no clue as to how to create a torrent. :confused: help would be appreciated.

OmniNegro likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Well, if it is not too big, you can zip it up and post it here. I will make a torrent. Or I can give directions for your torrent client. (You would need to tell me what client it is. But it is your call. I think the forum will take the files just fine though. And that removes the extra work. Thank you again for this. Those still in Desura/Gamefly purgatory will love you for this. :)

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Until someone can test it and see how well it works, I will delay making a torrent. But if it works out, I will make and seed it for ages. (At least until Desura/Gamefly clean up their mess.)

I am checking it out now. Thank you for making this. :) :) :)