Yet Another Melee Skill Tree: One with the Rock

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Inferno232, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Inferno232

Inferno232 Member

This skill tree would be centered around cheesy rock and roll song titles while attempting to give another good choice for those attempting a melee build.

First Level: For Those About to Rock
    A passive skill. Upon being attacked, the player has a 30-40% chance of receiving a buff that would grant him/her +3 Defense, +1 Armor Absorption, and +2 Crushing Damage. Taking this level, basically, taking this skill tree, would give you a permanent +1 Crushing Damage as a permanent buff, as well.

Second Level: Bat out of Hell
    This skill, when used, would summon a special Batty to a target location. This Batty, called a Hell Batty, would be a little bigger and a little stronger than a regular Batty. Using it also grants the player a ten round +5 Conflagratory Damage bonus, as well as a +5 resistance of the same element. It also comes with a permanent + 2 Crushing Damage and +1 Caddishness buff as well.

Third Level: I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
    A permanent +3 Counter Chance, +2 Crit. Chance, +2 Enemy Dodge Reduction, +1 Visual Sight Radius, +1 Trap Sight Radius, and + 2 Block chance. Would also unlock the skill "Aero-Smite", which would allow the player to call upon the power of the Rock Gods to call down a lightning bolt from the heavens on any enemy within their sight radius, dealing 11 plus (.1 x Melee Power) Voltaic damage to them while also stunning them for two-five turns.

Fourth Level: Don't Stop Me Now
    Grants a permanent +3 health regen. rate, +1 Armor Absorption rate, and +1 block chance. When taking this skill, the player would receive a free Axetar from the Rock Gods that would have one random positive enchantment on it. Would also grant the skill "Life in the Fast Lane," that, when used, gives the player a two moves on his/her next turn, while also giving him/her a +5 Dodge Reduction and +7 Sneakiness buff that would last ten turns. Needless to say, that skill would probably have a somewhat lengthy cool-down.

Fifth Level: Shout at the Devil
    Grants a permanent +1 to both Burliness and Caddishness. Also gives the skill "Hellraiser", allowing the player to summon a demon to his immediate location using a powerful shout. All monsters surround the player would receive a 1-2 turn stun, and a demon "pet" would be summoned to the nearest empty tile. Demon would be a recolored Dread Collector with different stats.

Sixth Level: Rock You Like A Hurricane
    Grants a permanent +2 Counter Chance, +2 Crit. Chance, + 1 Haywire Chance, and +2 Melee Power. Also unlocks the skill "Power Ballad", which, like Norwegian Axenado, hits all enemies around you. However, it deals 10 Crushing damage, 5 Existential Damage, and 2 times (.2 times Burliness), while stunning all enemies for 1-3 turns. This skill would be rather powerful on purpose, and would sort of be geared towards "Emergency Only" situations.

So, that'd be about it. Of course, if I could even make this, I'd add funny descriptions for each skill, but I wouldn't even know where to start if I were to attempt to mod this game. But if anyone else were to like the idea, feel free to grab it up. I know that the skills may be OP, and I know that some of the stat-buffs are a bit wonky. If you have any change suggestions, feel free to chime in.

Also, my only big regret with this skill-tree is that I couldn't think of a way to plug Meatloaf's "I Would do Anything for Love" into it, so I had to settle for "Bat out of Hell".

Marak likes this.