Yet another bizarre conspiracy theory reported as 'news'

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Haldurson, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This is a puzzling thing to me. It has been going on occasionally for longer than I have lived, and never changes much.

Ultimately the cause is usually the reporters getting sick of seeing newspapers with real news casually brushed aside while sales for tabloid journals continue with no obvious disgust from those reading. They eventually decide to give up their integrity to give the customers what they clearly want.

Society will eventually shuffle those groups into the bigfoot reporters and UFO abductees. They will never be taken seriously again.

Kazeto and Haldurson like this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Are we seriously going to need a big, red "NO POLITICS" sign on the forum or something?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Do you think this is politics? Nothing in this thread mentions any form of elected office, nor any political party.

If the very notion of news is political, then the Gaslamp Games "Blog" would be too.

5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's a little close to current political issues.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

This was not meant to be political, it was meant exactly as I titled the topic. I never made any political statement. This is not politics, it's about alien conspiracies and how stories that used to be isolated in tabloids and bad science fiction, about aliens and conspiracies, is being labeled as news. In order for this to be politics, there has to be someone on the alien conspiracy side.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

One of my hobbies, if you couldn't tell, is following skeptical news and reading about all sorts of strange beliefs and trying to understand why people believe strange things. I apologize if this was interpreted in any other way than to point out something I found equally funny and disturbing, not because of anything political, but merely because of the shear absurdity of it. Unless you actually believe in alien conspiracies, it's about as political as "The Wizard of Oz" or "Jabberwocky".

The Lord of the Rings is political... if you live in Middle Earth.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

*Points to her signature*

Kazeto, Haldurson and OmniaNigrum like this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

We had better be careful, lest the lizard-people hear us talking about this. :D