Yellow effect text added to weapon?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Flether, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Flether

Flether Member

As title says, after using my Flail of Pleiades on an Anvil of Krong, it gained a yellow text in the description saying "It shocks your enemies with bolts of electrical energy". Anyone run into this before, or know exactly what it does? No electric damage added to the stat, but occasionally I will see a "zap" when attacking.. Would be nice to know more tho.

2. stevebrixius

stevebrixius Member

I had a mace with the yellow text that would occasionally drop gold when it hit a monster. I don't remember exactly what the text read...

3. marsgreekgod

marsgreekgod Member

I haven't seen that before. screenshot?

4. stevebrixius

stevebrixius Member

That character is long dead but if I run across it again I will definitely get a screenshot of it.

5. Flether

Flether Member

Just got it on a crossbow, saying "Turns the flesh of your enemies into gold"...

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq100/Flether65/YellowText.jpg

6. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

That's a proc that isn't just straight damage. I got a weapon once that something something acid. What it did was put a debuff on the enemies that did acid damage every turn. Turning flesh into gold is quite likely just a permanent Midas Touch. Shocking enemies might be.... I dunno. DoT shock damage or some % to stun?

But yellows are procs, not straight damage.

7. Flether

Flether Member

Yeah, just discovered that they are procs, and they carry over to ALL weapons, and seem to only proc on melee. My mace is now doing a shock-proc as well as making hits sometimes drop gold. Quite convenient really.

8. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

Well I think the thing damage stats is:
    - If it's on a melee weapon, it only applies to melee attacks.
    - If it's on a crossbow, it only applies to ranged attacks.
    - If it's on any armor/jewelry, it'll apply to both.

I think it's the same way for procs too.

9. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

No at the moment the Procs on ranged weapons apply on melee attacks only.