Yay for Pre-Alpha!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Wootah, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Just wondering, do you think that the first pre-alpha builds are going to be released to the mailing list before Christmas?

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Mailing list peeps will very, very unlikely be involved in the pre-alpha, heck, probably even the alpha.

3. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Keep the dream alive, convolutedthinker!

convolutedthinker likes this.
  4. Wootah

Wootah Member

Sorry to hear that you were sick!
    Some days I dream of developing games. Then remember people like you who probably put in more hours than is good for their health.

And thank you for working on the dredmor crash!

5. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

Well they said themself that the next stage of alpha testing will be sent to random people from the mailing list so there´s that. (source: comments under the alphatesting blog post)

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I missed that part (I really don't spend much time reading the blogposts). But the rest of my point still stands.

7. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

Wasn´t that part your whole point? Or did I miss something?

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

No, because the core of the question in, um, question was about pre-alpha for those on the newsletter, i.e. they won't be looking for pre-alpha players through the newsletter.

I may have been wrong on the alpha thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if that applied to the later stages of alpha rather than the earlier ones.

Kazeto likes this.
  9. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

K, now i now where we misunderstood. For you alpha testing and prealphatesting are two sepparate points, for me that was one point (therefore the whole point).

10. Yeah I should have specified as well, when i said pre-alpha I lumped the alpha in there as well

11. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

you musn't forget the pre-pre-alpha, which, due to scheduling conflicts, is going to arrive sometime after the alpha.

Kazeto and convolutedthinker like this.
  12. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I've always wondered if the pre-alpha doesn't just "wrap around" the greek alphabet to become the omega.

13. Omega must be the retail release

EleSigma likes this.
  14. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

Actually wouldn't Omega be the post-release patches and hotfixes?

15. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

Omega is the rerelease in a collectors edition 5 years down the path.

16. HD remake

17. Wootah

Wootah Member

Virtual reality remake? Can you imagine running around in buildings Hiding from a rampaging Quag'garoth?

18. True reality remake, Quag'garoth becomes sentient, escapes the game and bends reality to his will.

Wootah likes this.
  19. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

Here´s the twist: Reality was Quag'garoths version of CE all along. And we are the citizens

Wootah and convolutedthinker like this.