XML validator in 'XML Notepad' isn't working

Discussion in 'Modding' started by iamcreasy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

Following information provided by the first post of this thread ::
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/mod-xml-validator.3390/

I am trying to use XSD validator in XML notepad 2007. but the results aren't what I was expecting.

Firstly, the intellisense isn't showing what I was expecting,
    [​IMG]

I have linked the xsd file with xml notepad, but I have left the namespace field empty. Is this the reason why intellisense isn't working?[​IMG]

Here for the sack of convenience, I am using the skillDB.xml code sample found on this page : http://dredmod.com/wiki/Skills_Tutorials

Where have I gone wrong?

Thank you.

2. Glazed

Glazed Member

Why did you check the Disabled box in the Schemas window? If you turn that off it will work fine.

(It would have been tidier if you had just replied to the other thread. Also, I would have been notified of your post. You're sorta lucky I even saw this. I normally don't spend much time in modding forum. I just happened to be updating the XML Validator thread today.)

3. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

sigh, that was foolish of me.Thanks for pointing that out. :)

By convention its should be "Enable" column, not disable.

4. Glazed

Glazed Member

My profile page isn't the place for conversations. The forum has a private conversation feature if that's what you want. I don't see why you didn't just post your question here where other people could read the answer more easily.

My answer, however, is no. I have little experience with any operating system other than Windows.

5. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

Cause I thought this would derail this thread. I usually avoid off-thread conversation.

Thanks. I will look out for good one. If found I'll post back.

6. Glazed

Glazed Member

This conversation is completely on-topic. It would have been on-topic in the original XML Validation thread.