Wyrmling With Regeneration

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Wootah, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Wootah

Wootah Member

Point of this post: I some how had a wyrmling with regeneration. I don't know how. Not sure if this was a bug or if there are features I don't know about still. It has been impossible to recreate.

I would love to know more about it. I have all expansions and no mods.

Background: So I opened up DoD. In my load file I could see the life bar of my wyrmling from pryokenesis, and it had just a sliver of health left visually in the little snap shot of the save. Upon loading It looks like it will only take one more hit before it is dead. I thought about recasting it, but specifically did not and started adventuring on DL 3. After a bit of back tracking over already explored ares, My wyrmling took off for some monster that was down a hallway and continued on my way. It exchanged a few rounds (off the screen) and I thought nothing more of it, Did my thing and came back that way. Lo and behold the wyrmling was still there and still had a sliver of life. After a hand full of combat rounds, I was surprised to see it hadn't been hit once...

I go about my business (I typically explore all the rooms before doing the inconsequentia shrines) fighting monsters here and there, visiting the pocket dimension, and crafting, encrusting. All the while fighting stray monsters. Sometimes I take teleporters back and forth and what not, but I came into a room and noticed my wyrmling had about 4th of his life bar. This is surprising to me because I know I haven't recast it and it was nigh a sliver when I had loaded. I thought, how did it heal. I know fire spells don't cause it to heal, but this is odd. I then begin to rapidly run back and forth in the same room with the wyrmling following me (game speed turned up). To my surprise the guy's health was filling up. This was pretty surprising because I didn't think any monster in the game could heal passively. There were no buffs displayed on him. (although I don't know I have ever seen a pet get a de/buff that wasn't caused by a player).

After completely filling back to full health i watched it closely. It continued to heal after every skirmish. IT was amazing... and then it got gibbed pretty bad during one of the quests from a special monster before I could save it. Every wyrmling cast thereafter did not have healing. I thought maybe there was some connection coming back to the game from a save state and an existing wyrmling (since there have been problems in the past), but nothing worked. I couldn't duplicate it for the life of me. I have never read anything about regeneration of monsters and don't know what could have caused it. I would love if someone else could say that they have seen this before or know what causes it.

anybody?

2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I've seen lots of monsters regenerating life, but I cannot remember for pets.

3. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

Yeah, I once fought a diggle on the first floor that regenerated health. Because of my low level it was almost a harder fight than Dredmor. Have no idea what caused it, I don't believe I'd even saved and loaded the game yet at that point.

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

All monsters can regenerate health now. Therefore, since "summons" are just pretty much permanently charmed monsters, they can regenerate health.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

As of when? At what rate? Is it the base rate of the difficulty setting? That would be strange.

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

As of the last patch?
    I mean, there were a few people talking about how some monsters started regenerating when left alone...

Bottom line is, get some sleep, Essence.

7. Essence

Well, now that you can see a monster's HP in the mouseover, this should be pretty easy to establish.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  8. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I think Kazeto is right, since last patch I had trouble fighting robots in the first floor since they regenerate back health, and that outnumbered some of my weaker characters.

9. Essence

Robots on the first floor are trouble anway, they're like 2 floors out of depth.

10. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

I don't believe that's true.
    I've never seen any of my pets regenerate, and don't remember any other monsters, while this one diggle's regeneration was very explicit.

11. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

In my experience, only Diggles have been regenerating - the yellow diggles specifically. Zombies, pumpkins, golems are clearly NOT regenerating - because I often have to flee from them and come back later. But diggles? Yes, absolutely.

12. Essence

So...all animals?

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That would make sense, actually.

Either way, I think we should pester Nicholas about that.

14. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I know, but I saw that thing regenerating its hp from a wave to another of my zombys.

15. Wootah

Wootah Member

whoa whoa whoa! I can tell you right now that none of my wyrmlings have regenerated since that special little guy. And trust me, I am almost paranoid checking them now because I thought it was so awesome. As for seeing the HP, i take it that is in the next build... I can't see a number for HP.