WoW Prometian Magic IS Op.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Siveria, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Siveria

Siveria Member

Its not too bad till u get to Gogs Infernal Pyre, Once you have that spells, your a god. It makes a flame pillar under a monster, it'll actually hit twice on the first cast, once from the click, and once when the enemy tries yo move out of it, It seems to have a 1 turn root effect. Now the problem is the damage, my mage has 30 ish magic power, and for 6 mana, it does about 60-64 damage in one cast, hits twice for 30 per hit or 32 if mob doesn't resist it. It also drops a long lasting burn dot on the mob that walked thru it. Bascally put, ever Since I got this spell I have had no need for weapons or anything, since it just destroys mobs. Doesn't seem to be a limit of how many u can drop. Its bascally like diablo 2's firewall that only effects one cell, but yeah, you can use it to say line a single width path just destroying anything that walks into it in seconds.

Main issue with the spell is it hits way to hard for next to no mana. I am thinking of making a going rogue char that has prometian magic, no weapon or armor skills, and just go with some roguey stuff and see how it goes.

2. Level 9 will be a pain now though with that build.

3. Siveria

Siveria Member

Maybe, but I can use the dragon and my boot to do it heh. I assume lots of fire resistant baddies?

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

I prefer necro, that way I can fire rifts into every room I see for almost no downside.