Worst Possible Skill Combination - let's all play it on GRPD!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Glazed, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Vinculi

Vinculi Member

Challenge accepted!

2. Glazed

Glazed Member

Blood Magic doesn't belong in any of these builds. Phylactery is way too good.

I got my last build down to level 4 and I was doing great just fine. Then I had the brilliant idea of playing after having a couple glasses of Scotch. That was a big mistake and I got hit by a boss monster to low HP and some how died while trying to cast Phylactery to eat it immediately, even though I had teleported away. Maybe he cast a spell on me. I didn't look too closely, and I just closed the game.

Speaking of teleport. Artful Dodger may be too good as well because of Knightly Leap.

3. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

Oh lets try a different route.

Werediggle
    Unarmed
    Swords
    Axes
    Maces
    Staves
    Magic Training

Werediggle is pretty good, but it prevents all the weapon skills from being useful.

Marak, Kazeto and Glazed like this.
  4. tejón

tejón Member

Weapon skills are one of the only skill types still useful when polymorphed. You don't get direct damage bonuses, but if you're wielding the appropriate weapon you do get any other passive stats. Triggered effects are also kept so, for instance, you can proc Overhau while diggly. (Notably, triggers work from any source... you can also get Piracy rewards, etc.)

5. Glazed

Glazed Member

How could you not include Vampirism? Every "worst build" has to include Vampirism. :-P Even if you don't think Vampirism is that bad (it is), then there have to be skills worse than Werediggle, like Perception, maybe.

6. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I'm playing a similar build now (all the weapon skills + Dodge + Piracy) and it's pretty awesome. I haven't even touched Dodge or Piracy yet - just full-on warrior skill selections to get as many big hitting abilities as I can get.

7. Vinculi

Vinculi Member

I picked this one up in the thread from someone's suggestion:

Magic training
    Ley walker
    Perception
    Vampirism
    Veganism
    Archeology
    Blood Magic

It's the hardest one i've tried so far, mostly because the other vegan vampire builds people suggests have enough melee power to actually DO something, but this one puts all your attribute points into things you can't use: Magic training, ley walker and blood magic all buff something you can't use, perception is no good without ranged attacks and your spell-less and can't make any projectiles, vampirism isn't reliable enough as a sole source of healing (quit hating vamp, btw, gawsh), archaeology wont do you any good since there aren't many skills that will do you any good, so "it belongs in a museum" loses its lustre and you'll be lucky to survive long enough to get TTIAW or Kronian Ritual, which means that Vegan is the only thing that gives you a fighting chance with this one.

Its MUCH harder than slapping vegan and vampire in with a couple weapon skills and calling it a day.

8. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

But you can't use those abilities in diggle form. Either the diggle tree is useless or the weapon skills are

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The self-triggering skills work even when transformed.