Worst Equipment Slot in the Game?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by RaustBlackDragon, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Just wondering, which equipment type is, in your opinion, the worst?

I'm thinking that if I'm going to use the anvil of Krong at all, I should probably use it exclusively on the first piece of equipment in a category I find, and I should probably pick a type that won't have high-scaling alternatives late-game.

What do you guys think?

2. blob

blob Member

From what I have found, I would say pants ?

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, probably pants.

4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

The pants are pants? Maybe someone should design some pants pants for the pants slot.

5. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm on the pants band wagon. But if you do all your damage by melee, you'll probably want a kilt from floor 4.

In that case, I'd imbue Gloves instead, as you probably won't get a noteworthy upgrade till floor 10 or so (unless you mostly use thrown weapons, then the upgrade hits around floor 7).

Third choice would be Amulet, but for that wait till you get the Cybertronic Amulet which is hard coded to show up on floor 3 most games, and probably won't be replaced until about floor 10.

6. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Pants or Belt. You really don't need the heavy armor belt if you already have heavy armor pants, helmet and torso stuff. Good shoes spawn so rarely that you might think about Kronging them, if you don't have either of the first two (I killed Dredmor in a pair of seriously magicked clogs once.) Unless your heart is set on those pointy black velvet boots.

7. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

belt == Trap Affinity +2. Just about every game I play. :)

r_b_bergstrom likes this.
  8. Wootah

Wootah Member

The parachute pants are great!

9. I found some cutoff that are +2 to dodge. I like the pun, but it would be funnier if it were jock strap. :D

10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Sleeves? They're pretty crappy.

Essence, Wi§p, blob and 2 others like this.
  11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I agree with Nicholas there. Sleeves are pretty cruddy.

12. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I thought the whole premise was that the piece of equipment had to have a slot...

13. That was the premise I was going on. Pants, still pants. As for sleeves, crappy items... but probably because I don't get the joke/reference(s).

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Nope.
    Nowhere in this thread it's written that the type of equipment we point has to have a slot.
    And thus, some decided to have fun...

15. Wrong. Read the thread title. :)

16. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Horses have a sleeve slot.

Essence, blob and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Fine, kill me... :)

18. Amulets. Easily. Time Lord's Scarf and Cybertronic Amulet are pretty much the only unenchanted amulets worth getting, from what I've seen.

19. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

Time Lord's Scarf is not unenchanted. There are only 4 "unenchanted" amulets at the moment, and they're Ankh, Cybertronic, Spiked Collar, and Steel Plate Gorget Everything else, including the Time Lord's Scarf, will spawn with random stats; it's just that the Time Lord's Scarf also has a hardcoded stat buff (the 10 :resist_hyperborean: and 1 :block: ) to go with the ilevel 15 and floor-based random stats.

So yeah....pants, gloves, or belt would be my call - you do realize Krong is gonna love you like Ike loved Tina, right?

20. Oops, didn't realize about the Scarf until I got another one the other day.