Workshop Panicked Testing

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nicholas, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

So! We're launching, and owing to various things we're really behind on getting the workshop rolled out on the Steam-side. (Our code's done.)

In order to test the workshop, and in order to seed the workshop with Wonderful Working Mods for when we first launch, we're going to roll this out very gently. Please go ahead and sign up for the Official Dungeons of Dredmor Steam Community here:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/dungeonsofdredmor

Once you're signed up, we'll push the workshop your way in beta form in a couple of Valve Time Hours. (Slightly worse than Vining time hours.) Then, everybody who has a *finished* mod, that people have tested and know and love, we'll get you to start uploading and testing things.

It's a party and everyone's invited.

mining likes this.
  2. Nicholas

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Right, so!

We want to show off how totally cool we are when this launches so want to make things pretty -- anyone who is interested in having a complete mod up, we'll have A Random Gaslamp artist illustrate a mod title image for you.

So. Who needs one?

4. Nicholas

(oh god we're going to die.)

5. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

[​IMG]

SkyMuffin, mining and Aquaman like this.
  6. Aegho

Aegho Member

I see some mods up but haven't gotten the uploading thingamajig yet myself(I go by Kaerius on steam). I'm intending to upload Galactic Hitchhiker, and I guess I'll need art for it.

By preference: The eyebrowed one in a bathrobe, with a towel draped over his shoulder.

7. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I need one for Summoner. Not sure if I'm going to put FaxPax up or not.

8. Glazed

Glazed Member

If anything needs art, it's Barrier Maiden. :eek:

FaxCelestis likes this.
  9. Nicholas

My tech contact at Valve got in touch with me to hook things up this morning. He actually mentioned Barrier Maiden by name, specifically noting, quote, "I don't know what to make of that Barrier Maiden picture. "

Kaidelong, you're now Valve Famous.

mining, OmniNegro, Aegho and 2 others like this.
  10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm totally putting Compleat Essential Skills up there first thing. :)

11. Megaron

Megaron Member

If possible, could I get some title art for my sweet foods mod under the name "Sweet, Sweet Swag"?

12. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

As part of the process of "Legitimization" of the mod systems in preparation for the Steam Workshop, we've also started up a wiki expressly designed to provide documentation for Modding. It is a barren wasteland currently, but the soil is fertile loam!

I'm scraping as much info as I can find from the forum and from rare hand-written notes on the voodoo of our mod system and putting it all on the wiki. If you would like to help, please sign up!

www.DredMod.com

13. Essence

I'm trying to access the Steam Workshop, but the whole '-publisher' in the Steam launch options thing isn't doing anything; the game just boots normally. Any advice?

14. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

To add to that if anyone sees any errors or thinks there is something feature wise they can PM me here or send an email to webmaster@gaslampgames.com.

15. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

To run it, I am assuming windows. Click Start and then choose run.

Browse to your steams DoD directory and choose the exe.

Then go to the end of your run line and after the quote and a space and then the -publisher and finally click the run button.

16. Essence

Nope. Launches the game normally. :( And before anyone asks, no, I'm not using The Thing either, just the normal .exe.

17. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

That's funny, it worked for me.

Did you sign up for the workshop yet?

18. Essence

You mean the Steam Community? Yeah.

/rereads the OP.

You know, though, it probably hasn't been 'a couple of Steam' hours yet. It hasn't even been a couple of real hours yet. :)

I'll try again this evening. Daynab, it may be that the GLGods would appreciate it if you removed my little bit of idiocy from this thread. Or not, maybe other people should learn from my mistake. Either way.

19. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I am having another problem though. I uploaded the mod and chose an image. I can see my mod in the My Files part of the workshop and can edit it and such. It was set as public by default but wasn't showing up so I changed it to private and then changed it to public again. It still doesn't show up in the normal workshop. I tried subscribing to it to see if that would help. No going. For some reason, it wont show up in the normal workshop. Here is a screen capture of the steam My Files workshop of my mod.

NT Capture.jpg

EDIT: For some reason it just started showing up. Don't know why and I didn't do anything different. :)

20. Nicholas

For those at home: this is now up. Sign up to the mod community, run your game with -publisher as a parameter to upload, and see your stuff on the web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.