Wishes for 1.0.12+

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kaoschan, Jun 8, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Shields are awesome for reducing or negating damage. But some of use think it is better to kill the things that would deal the damage than to negate it. Until CoE stuff gets nerfed or allowed to spawn shields, it is really hard to get a comparable shield.

2. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I tend to use shields as well as books and such. If I'm playing a mage character, the melee weapon just isn't that important to me. Except in the lower levels where my magic isn't up to snuff and I do need to melee something. If like most of the time, I am playing a character with throwing, crossbows and unarmed as my main damage dealers, I don't want to equip a weapon and hurt my damage potential.

3. Musaab

Musaab Member

Z-levels so the descriptions on recipes are not obscured.

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Erikan, haven't you heard?

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2012/04/01/dungeons-of-dredmor-ii-3d/

Obviously there's gonna be a first-person mode for that.

[edit]Also, I thought of something else I want: Lockdown, Confuse, and other status effects to work on the player as well as enemies. Yeah, I'm shooting for the moon, but what the hell. :)[/edit]

5. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Lockdown alone on the player would be awesome.

6. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

I would love the ability to put a bit more cc on the player so that more fun can ensue. Lockdown is probably the most useful one but confuse and fear could certainly be interesting.

7. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

Let Krong-Enchantments only display the new addition to the item, not the whole bonuses you have aquired. Having 10+ enchantments and adding a new one and getting the whole 10 enchantments in the screen is confusing.

And please fix the limited size of item toolboxes ... you know mass-enchanting a item leads to a symbol overflow which blocks out the numbers :d

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

How about collapsing the buffs bar into a window like the Character window? That way we could see everything and not worry about being unable to see half the screen when we have many buffs going.

The buffs are essential to the game, yet they crowd together and there seems no way to fix this problem.

Kazeto likes this.
  9. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

Oh and please add magic reflect to the character screen .)
    its a fully working attribute and should be listed there.

btw. is it possible to en-large the screen region of the different melee/ranged damage numbers? getting all damages yields the same result as having to many krong enchantments. the symbols block off the numbers.

10. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I love an boost to all the characters debuff abilities. Monster can give a -50:dodge: and yet I can't do anything nearly as cool. Currently every debuff is pretty terrible unless it stuns a enemy. I would like to actually make monster noticeably different after I debuff them.

I would like to so that extra trap that you put down can no longer go off if you step over it. I hate when my character starts picking up traps. It just makes my game more annoying than helpful. Sure I put the trap in a corner so they are out my way, but I don't want to do that.

I would like all buffs that add :life: to not kill you when the buff runs out and you don't have enough health. I avoid buff that add :life: like the plague unless I have so much health that it really isn't noticeable. That just seems to defeat the purpose of the buff.

I would like all capstone skills to have an effect more than a passive boost. Even just a nice proc+ stat bonus is nice.

I would like more difference with armors in the game. High ranking rogue torso armor. Some magic pants. more magic gloves. Shoes are the biggest offenders. Seriously shoes are basicaly just 1 :dodge: shoes, 2 :dodge: shoes, 1 :armor_asorb: shoes, 2:armor_asorb: shoes or Sabatans/rocket boots. Something like fur boots that :resist_hyperborean:, rubber boots that give :resist_voltaic:, steel toe boots that give :dmg_crushing:, high heel shoes that give :stubborness: and reduce :nimbleness:, etc. Also some female cloths because crossdressing is always funny.

I would like the inventory to be bigger or something like that. I turned off auto pickup for everything but bolts and mushrooms and I still have problems.

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. Wootah

Wootah Member

Well the ticker being more informative is really an awesome idea.

The only thing I want changed gameplay wise is TRAPS.
    Right now they are VERY hard to use effectively and rarely worth your time.
    Nobody I know makes them in any reasonable number to justify their presence in the tinkering tree.
    All of this could be changed in a (maybe not so simple) way.

If you could place traps without consuming your turn, they would suddenly be very useful.

Right now an elaborate scheme to set up traps doesn't really work because you rarely have time to place them.
    This is especially true for Zoos as how do you set them up, Open the door, and then let the monsters trigger the AOE traps without you triggering them yourselves. If you could place traps on the run without using a turn.

Sure this idea could be abuseable in a few circumstances (dredmor has 1 space between you and him. You place eleventy-billion traps between you and him. He steps on it and dies.... but who has crafted that many traps or has that many materials, or has looted that many traps? If you could actually beat him this way, I would say more power to you)

Please consider it. Traps work against he player because there is only one of you and in a rogue like game it is all about superior numbers wearing the player down. This means their meager damage and difficulty in placing it (and using turns) doesn't justify their inventory space, taking the time to craft them (or place them), or even risking hurting yourself with trap mazes.

12. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Try shift click.

13. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I know I tried this at one point and the traps thus placed never dealt any damage, they were just used up. That may have changed as I haven't tried it lately.

When I did do it, I had something like 10 blade traps and a bunch of other traps. Just 2 or three blade traps should kill a monster but I didn't even see it's health take a hit at all when it stepped on them.