Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I've heard some reports of various issues with Windows 10 here. As this happens every time Microsoft releases a new version of their operating system, I don't know why I'm surprised.

Anyhow, if you have a problem with Windows 10 and Clockwork Empires, let us know here and we'll try to sort it out.

2. Olek

Olek Member

I've had windows 10 64bit since the 29th July and have had no problems with the game at all, I know you asked about problems, but I thought it also may be valuable to know that there are certain builds that are running Clockwork error free with Win 10.

Intel 2700K CPU
    GTX970 (353.62)
    Realtek HD Audio.(6.0.1.7535)
    8GB RAM

3. razrien

razrien Member

Windows 10 here as well. No problems yet. (..aside from not having native dual monitor wallpaper support. Arrgghh )

AMD FX-6300
    GTX970
    16gb ram
    (maby some sort of proper hardware survey would be neat?)

Ever since getting my new card, I noticed that I no longer get those wierd little 'flickers' in the geometry that I did when I had my hd7850.
    Though the work crew UI still tends to lag like a drunken donkey plodding through molasses.

4. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

have been running on preview builds of windows for months already

never experienced any problems

5. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Yeah, as everyone above me as noted, things are running without any problems on my Win 10 installation on my desktop - the odd title-screen resizing thing I mentioned in another thread was a minor issue on my Win 10 laptop only.

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

Well, since CE definitely works, I guess that means I can upgrade now...

*Tentatively moves cursor toward the icon*

razrien likes this.
  7. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, so I will report anything anything as well. Can I suggest stickying this thread?

8. Viion

Viion Member

64 bit versions.... Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro. Didn't reinstall anything except a creative sound drive. Apart from being overrun by ravaging beetles, hostile troops, fishpeople and bandits it was all smooth sailing. In other words, everything is as usual. :-D

razrien likes this.
  9. Tarod

Tarod Member

No problems here either.

10. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

Windows 10 is big success for the game so far

11. Axiom

Axiom Member

Hey there all,

Just switched to Win 10 and now when I start the game... I get to initial screen fine. But when i select "Start Game" it crashes.

I am on a Alienware 17 laptop. Of course running Windows 10..

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Does it produce a DMP file? Can you send that DMP file to us at contact@gaslampgames.com ?

Does it go away if you run the game as an administrator, or with any of the compatibility options? I would really like to narrow this one down...

13. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Win10 Pro 64 bit version, have had not problems starting the game.. ;) My crashes after up to hours of playing I have reported.

14. Axiom

Axiom Member

Okay. so I tried to recreate the crash and the first two times it happened the same. (no .dmp file was created, sorry) but when I rebooted my computer. Now it works perfectly. I did not change the admin settings or anything. I rebooted three more times to see if I would get different results and so far it is working fine. But considering I rebooted at first and it still crashed, I am not sure if this will come back.

If it happens again, I will mention it here.