Windows 10 Issues with Dungeons of Dredmor

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Erick Hallick, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Erick Hallick

Erick Hallick Member

Hello.

I have a Dell XPS 13 (2015) that I recently updated to Windows 10 and I'm having several issues with Dungeons of Dredmor.

There are major problems with the scaling and resolution. Nearly all settings, including using the native resolution of 3200x1800 result in most of the screen outside of the display (the picture if cut off and you can't see or interact with anything on the edge of the image). After trying several different combinations I was finally able to get 1024x768 (fullscreen) to work, but the game crashed within a few minutes and forces a reboot.

I get what I presume is the Windows 10 version of the "blue screen of death". It says the machine has crashed, they're sending details to Microsoft, rebooting and it mentions something about IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or have any recommendation.

Thank you for your assistance.

Erick

2. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I'm not sure about the crash but the screen problems being partly off screen for you might be something I can help with.

If you are using a LCD TV for your monitor, try adjusting the horizontal and vertical positioning using the TV's menu. Some TV's have an auto position that usually works fairly well. If you are using a regular computer monitor, you can also try the positioning on it's menu to see if that helps. If those don't help, a final possibility that I can think of is to go into your video card settings and see if there is anything for positioning settings in there that you can try.

*NOTE* try to remember what the settings were before you try adjusting them so you can return them to what they were if this doesn't help you. Writing them down is a very good memory aid. :)

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

What video card are you using?

4. Erick Hallick

Erick Hallick Member

LionsDen,

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately I'm on a laptop, so no chance of bad TV settings. I've had similar display problems with other games, so I'm pretty sure it's a Windows 10/display driver issue.

Nicholas,

Good question. It's the integrated Intel HD5500.

Thanks for the replies.

5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Are your drivers all up to date? You should maybe head to Intel's website and get the latest versions for your hardware, Dell might not be up to date with what they have on your machine.

6. RandomRunner

RandomRunner Member

I had some issues too. I found I can make it fit if I do 1280 x 720 and move my taskbar to be vertical on the right side.