Windowed Fullscreen on Linux

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cale Gibbard, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Cale Gibbard

Cale Gibbard Member

Currently if I need to do anything else while playing in fullscreen mode, I have to completely quit the game. Alt-tab for whatever reason doesn't work at all. It would be nice to randomly be able to tab out, or use the keys I have set up for switching desktops.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

This is an SDL 1.2 issue and will be fixed if/when we upgrade Dredmor to SDL 2.0. But that's fairly time consuming as we do lots of "old school" stuff which isn't compatible with SDL 2.0's "new school" hip, with it, jankery-pokery.

(This rewrite is also not helping the iPad port.)

Kazeto likes this.
  3. Wootah

Wootah Member

Oh that is really unfortunate.
    I remember you mentioning that the you were going to rewrite the code so that floors were loaded individually for the Ipad version instead of just taking up more memory with each additional floor added. If that is so, would this feature make it's way to the PC?

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

There are a bunch of things that need to be rewritten for the iPad version which would greatly help the PC version. However, finding the time to do this isn't going to happen until after CE gets a release, or at least until Ryan finishes the audio code for it. :)

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Member

If you're using Steam, you can shift-tab to open the overlay, and alt-tab from there. If not, then I don't know...