Wind Magic

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Null, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Subject line is ages old and uneditable by me. Unless you meant something else.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Glazed

Glazed Member

There's an error in one of your XML documents. DoD doesn't care, but strict XML parsers do. XML comments can't contain strings that look like other XML comments. To be specific, XML comments can't contain the string "--", and can't end with "-"

In spellDB.xml, at line 167 is an example. You commented out the Storm Shield spell which contained other comments. This is invalid.

I attached a fixed file. If you ever want to uncomment this spell you'll just have to recomment the secondary buff descriptions.

I'm working on a tool to convert DoD XML files to a SQL database and it choked on your mod.

Great mod, by the way! I'm really enjoying it in my current playthrough.

Attached Files:

3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Using windwalk appears to cause a crash if you click on a non-rook tile and I have no idea when.

I will investigate this.

Ugh, nevermind. I had a crash happen twitce after I windwalked to the same square. But now I can't replicate.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Glazed

Glazed Member

I think I found another bug in the XML.

spellDB.xml - Eye of the Storm

Line 104: you have a crossbowBuff. Isn't that supposed to be crossbowShotBuff?

Then again, I could be wrong because items have TriggerOnDodge where spell buffs have DodgeBuff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Null

Maybe I got it wrong, it doesn't work yet anyway because those aren't implemented for buffs yet.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Aegho

Aegho Member

Just like to point out that wind magic crashes the game at dungeon load in the 1.0.11 DLC beta, probably an icon issue(I myself have had some severe icon issues in the beta). By at dungeon load I mean after the "Unfortunately this hero is you" screen.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Aegho

Aegho Member

Strange, I just tried it again, first with wind magic as only mod, and then with all of them back in, and no crashes this time, wonder what caused my crashes yesterday... (To clarify, all the other skills I used for the character I wanted worked fine when I substituted wind magic for something else, but if I used wind magic, it crashed, wind magic was the only mod skill used).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Null

I just checked it now as well and had no problems. There was another bug a while back that caused the game to freeze on generation. Perhaps you still have that. Redownload RC's 1 through 4 in order applying them on top of each other.

You managed to ninja me it seems, by two minutes...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Aegho

Aegho Member

Well, you made me doublecheck what version I was running, turns out it was rc3, some searching around later and finding no link, I used some browser-fu and got myself the rc4 download. (Incidentally rc3 was the first one I downloaded, is it really recommended to get rc1 and rc2?)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Null

Some of them are missing certain major files like the skillDB and won't work as intended unless you get it from an earlier RC.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Aegho

Aegho Member

Got them all now... (when you've got the address to one of them, it was quite easy to figure out the rest, even with no link provided).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Are you sure about this? Nicholas said to install RC3 over a clean Dredmor Install.

I did that and got no errors.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Aegho

Aegho Member

In any case, I gotta hit the sack soon. I've forgotten what the pure mage build I was going to play that included wind magic was in any case.

Didn't redo the installs yet, just got rc4 installed over rc3 over a clean install, and given Daynab's comment, perhaps that was for the best.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Null

It was actually RC2 that was missing the skillDB, RC3 is fine afaik.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Null

Bump for 1.10
    It requires the RC/1.0.11 to be able to work (specifically Eye of the Storm needs it)

It may be horribly broken, please tell me if it is

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Added to the Community Skills Guide.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Grasida

Grasida Member

This skill is great. I thought I should mention, however, that storm shield has some issues. It stacks (maybe intentionally?) and does not seem to deal damage to attackers. Honestly, I also feel the spell is overpowered. 50 block alone would be extremely strong, 75 magic reflect on top of that is just incredible, and since it doesn't cost anything to throw it up, it's very easy to have on all the time when you need it for no downside.

Kazeto likes this.
  18. Null

Oh I've long forgotten about this skill, and frankly am not updating it, perhaps essence would like to but I'll probably never get around to it. Stacking is unintentional. It should probably get an initial mana cost and maybe doubled mana per turn, though that probably won't work as well as it's something that will be held up over a long time and saving bugs it out. At least eye of the storm has most of its effect also messed up by that.

Kazeto likes this.