Wind Magic

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Null, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

I made a all wizard build with this skill included and it rocks! Personally, I think the damage is fine, don't want it to become too useful.

Also, through sheer stupidity I was able to cast Stolen Breath on myself. Is that suppose to be possible?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well it's difficult to do much about but why not allow it?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

I recant my statement, it's pretty much worthless on floor 2 D:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Null

I'll probably release 1.01 tomorrow which will help alleviate it's weakness versus non-living creatures.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Null

It's a worthy bump. 1.01 release:

Changelog:
    Flight of the Flamingo moved to second level
    Breathstealer moved to third level

Gust does more blasting damage, from :dmg_blast:(1+.1:magic_power:), :dmg_aphyxiative:(2+.2:magic_power:) to :dmg_blast:(2+.2:magic_power:), :dmg_aphyxiative: (1+.1:magic_power:)
    Breathstealer and Stolen Breath now describe the silencing effect.
    Breathstealer's damage changed from :dmg_aphyxiative:(3+.2:magic_power:), :dmg_crushing:(1+.05:magic_power:) to :dmg_aphyxiative:(2+.2:magic_power:), :dmg_crushing:(1+.1:magic_power:)
    Stolen Breath now additionally gives :resist_aphyxiative:-1.

Flight of the Flamingo's mana cost reduced from 7-.15:savvy: -> 3 to 6-.15:savvy: > -3
    In Flight now gives twice as much of a bonus ( :dodge:+6 to :dodge:+12, :magic_resist:+4 to :magic_resist:+8, :sneakiness:+8 to :sneakiness:+16)
    In Flight now has a reduced maximum stack size from 5 to 3
    In Flight now lasts ten turns instead of eight

Tornado's last tile duration increased from 9 to 16
    Tornado's damage changed from :dmg_blast:(3+.2), :dmg_aphyxiative:(1+.15:magic_power:) then :dmg_blast:(2+.2:magic_power:), :dmg_aphyxiative:(1+.15:magic_power:) then :dmg_blast:(1+.1:magic_power:), :dmg_aphyxiative:(2+.25:magic_power:) to :dmg_blast:(2+.15:magic_power:), :dmg_aphyxiative:(2+.2:magic_power:) at all points
    Still can crash rarely from hitting enemies next to wall.

Windwalk now has a proper and accurate description
    Windwalk's damage changed from twice :dmg_aphyxiative:(4+.15:magic_power:), :dmg_blast:(2+.04:magic_power: and :dmg_aphyxiative:(1+.05:magic_power:), :dmg_blast:(0+.01:magic_power:) to :dmg_aphyxiative:(5+.2:magic_power:), :dmg_blast:(2+.1:magic_power:) and :dmg_aphyxiative:(4+.15:magic_power:), :dmg_blast:(2+.05:magic_power:)

(It seems I've not removed the dummy skill with 1.09's fix, I shall in update 1.02)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Knallis

Knallis Member

leylines siphoning now has this new ammendment

effect resistable="0"

do you know if it fixes the resisting problem for mods? In your spellDB it hasn't been added for eye of the storm. Or have you not had the chance to try it yet?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Null

Actually eye of the storm still uses tons of triggers, but I'll make it a non-resistible dot then.

EDIT: Also, tornado's a bit screwed up. Oops. I'll release another update in a bit

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Null

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Updated it on Dredmorpedia.

Shouldn't the 'Eye of the Storm Effect' DOT trigger specify an amount of 8?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Null

wait it doesn't?

EDIT: Oh that is a problem.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?367vjl38u1r6a6u

Though for proper parsing, you should have dot with an amount of zero be "every turn" "when triggered", simply because 0 actually means it's infinite.

And ugh more things to fix I've noticed. I need to release a formal 1.02 soon. I've rushed out tornado so that's all screwed up.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Null

1.02 Release: http://www.mediafire.com/?wycjurbvru6fcph
    Here's a very short changelog:
    Tornado now targets a tile, firing a missile at it. When it hits something it deals :dmg_blast: (3+.2 :magic_power: ), :dmg_aphyxiative: (3+.25 :magic_power: ), then knocks back. A mine is created for 16 turns that deals :dmg_blast:(2+.15:magic_power:) , :dmg_aphyxiative: (2+.15:magic_power:) and knocks back enemies.

Flight cost changed from 6-.15:savvy: > 3 to 7-.15:savvy: > 4

Eye of the Storm now makes large amounts of noise (that only monsters can hear). In other words it makes monsters aware of your presence and wake up from a further distance than the storm, regardless of one's sneakiness.

12. Dynasthier

Dynasthier Member

you can push traps as well ! (which is awesome for tactics, for weak mages like me :D)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. leoleez

leoleez Member

hey the mod supercedes all other skill mods... do u know why?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Shadow

Shadow Member

If you're on Mac then that is why. I had a similar problem, you have to make al the mods you want to use into a tidy pack if you want to use multiple

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. leoleez

leoleez Member

oh seriously... thanks shadow, I might as well just use DoD on my PC side.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. I just noticed that this mod includes manTemplateDB.xml. Isn't this something that needs to be merged manually by the end-user, and doesn't automatically merge itself into the game?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Null

It doesn't use it, and if you've done anything, you'll notice everything works fine without it. I just ended up leaving it in there mistakenly.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Null

Updated to 1.03 for 1.0.10
    It will work without 1.0.10 but a few features (namely not receiving drenched and eye of the storm not channeling lightning bolts to your targets) will not work without it.
    As of RC 5 I don't believe that the latter will work anyway.

Download on the first page

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

which features are you trying to get working?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Null

Well the thing is is that the effects inside the buffs don't work as of RC 5 and essence has had a similar problem with those not working in mod skills.
    The drenched will only be removed in 1.0.10 RC's, I have no problem with that though.

Oh wait, completely unexpected crash. I need to update.
    If anyone's downloaded in the past five minutes please redownload.

OmniaNigrum likes this.