Will we be able to set priorities in the finished game?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by City Builder, Aug 22, 2014.

1. City Builder

City Builder Member

Hey,

Will we be able to set job priorities in the finished game?

What I mean is that if I have jobs set out to forage, chop down trees, and mine stone, will we be able to set (for example) the mining of the stone at a higher job priority than chopping trees or foraging berries?

I just tried to play the game and nobody wanted to go and mine the stone that I'd marked to be mined, they pretty much stand around gabbing amongst themselves while they all starve instead of mining the stone so that they can build the oven in the kitchen to try to avoid starvation. Instead of doing things intelligently about the only thing that they wanted to do was to stand around talking, or to keep making wooden boards. Occasionally going to forage etc but generally just stand around and not do what I needed them to do to stave off starvation.

So, I'm thinking that if we will have the ability to prioritize the jobs then we can see where the deficiencies are and make that job a priority so that they get on the ball and do what needs to actually be done to avoid disaster in the colony. Of course if the AI turns out to be something really great and they can do it all on there own then it wouldn't much matter if we could prioritize or not but I've yet to see a game with AI that is all inclusive and doesn't need some help / intervention on the players part.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014