Will there be a save function any time soon?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by City Builder, Jul 26, 2014.

1. City Builder

City Builder Member

Hi,

I'm wondering if the save function will be added any time soon.

While I don't mind having to start over any time that a new update or hotfix is pushed to us, there is a lot of time that I don't have more than 5 or 15 or 30 minutes to play at one sitting so if I could save the game, I'd at least have the possibility to come back to it and test / try out more of the game than I can play in the first 10 to 30 minutes.

Like I said, I don't care if I need to start a new game every time that a new update comes out, but it sure would be handy to be able to save when I have only 30 minutes to play in one sitting so as to see further into the game than as far as I can get in 15 to 30 minutes.

Thanks

2. Akuma

Akuma Member

The save function is coming in the next update, which should be out sometime the start of next week.

3. City Builder

City Builder Member

Fantastic, thanks for the info

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Micah has been working on nothing else for the past three weeks; we are working as hard as we can on it, and it's our major technical priority.

5. Vordrak

Vordrak Member

Ye,

It is a critical issue because until it is in I am reluctant to invest lots of time in the game, as any progress is lost.

6. Krentz

Krentz Member

If you are that concerned about losing your save progress, you may want to hold off until Early Access or even full release. While I have the utmost confidence in Micah and the GG crew, I have yet to see a game this early in development successfully port saves forward through major updates. Maybe these guys will nail it and manage to keep saves fully future-proof, but I am completely prepared for (and expecting) multiple save wipes over the course of EA.

Xyvik likes this.
  7. Vordrak

Vordrak Member

I don't mean that I don't expect to lose saves between versions. I agree that is a given, but I don't want to be rebuilding a town from scratch every session! :)