Will Gaslamp / Clockwork Empires be at PAX Prime 2013?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Max Steele, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Max Steele

Max Steele Member

I've been searching for details but I haven't found any....

Is Gaslamp Games going to be at PAX Prime 2013? If so, where? And will Clockwork Empires be shown?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Daniel will be there, but not really in a "company" capacity, and Matthew Steele, our audio person should be there as well.

But yeah, "Gaslamp" or our games won't be.

Kazeto likes this.
  3. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

The rest of us will be at the office working on the game still!

4. Max Steele

Max Steele Member

Aw, that's a shame. Back in April there was a post on the Bay12 forums by Daniel that said:

" I think we'll be showing our first playable game to non-guinea pigs at Pax prime this year, barring any serious issues..."

I guess there were some serious issues. :(

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Well, no, we won't be showing it there, and no, there haven't been any serious issues. Really, honestly, we *could* show you where it's at right now, but the vast majority of the conference-going public wouldn't be able to see the game through our hideous programmer art and interfaces. This is perfectly normal. The problem is that we only get one shot at showing the game to press for first impressions, and we need to be careful with how we spend this commodity that we only ever get one of.

Tentatively planning on showing it at pax east next year, depending on booth availability, and a bunch of other stuff. Hopefully we will have people hacking on it soon; the main reason we don't have anyone alpha testing yet is that if we gave it to anyone we'd know exactly what they'd tell us to fix, and again, we only get one first impression.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

Yeah makes sense. Of course we at the forum are hyped for it and would take any information with pleasure, but those that never heard of it (or even DF) maybe won´t react so favorably. So I can understand your point completely.